Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey I know this is a stupid request here because no Xterrs have a 2.97 ratio but....

I have a m205 with 42k geared in 2.97

I am looking for a m205 geared in 3.357

Anyone with one at all interested...send me a PM. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I have an m205 with 3.36 and plan to regear soon anyway. Maybe theres a deal to be had here since. We swap and i regear the 2.97 and you have your 3.36. send me a pm with your cell phone and ill send you a text.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I might have 3.36 if you want I have to check
haha you have m205s laying around you dont even know about. Good stuff. Please let me know. The snowy weather sucks with only 4x2.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Is this the one that got put in that was the wrong ratio and was binding up?
Posted via Mobile Device
I see you read my prior post. Yes this is the wrong diff that is currently in my truck. I bought it under the assumption it was a 3.357 but the dik weed sent me a 2.97 and I didnt check it before install.

My logic is it is a complete waste of money to buy 3.36 gears and pay for labor. If I was to buy gears, it would be more logical just to regear the whole truck to 4.10 or 4.56 granted I would have to do the rear also but spending the cash to re-gear to a OEM ratio is a horrible idea.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I see you read my prior post. Yes this is the wrong diff that is currently in my truck. I bought it under the assumption it was a 3.357 but the dik weed sent me a 2.97 and I didnt check it before install.

My logic is it is a complete waste of money to buy 3.36 gears and pay for labor. If I was to buy gears, it would be more logical just to regear the whole truck to 4.10 or 4.56 granted I would have to do the rear also but spending the cash to re-gear to a OEM ratio is a horrible idea.
Germandude is saying to trade your 2.97 for his 3.36 and he'll put different gears in the 2.97 since he's regearing anyway
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
7,144 Posts

Gonna cost you 2K to regear properly to 4.10 or .56.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey all the guys a spoke to about trading, disregard. I got some quotes on rearing and a local shop will rear gear my truck to 4.10 for $900 labor front and rear.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
7,144 Posts
Hey all the guys a spoke to about trading, disregard. I got some quotes on rearing and a local shop will rear gear my truck to 4.10 for $900 labor front and rear.
Posted via Mobile Device
There's a place in Madison that did mine for $600

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Was surprised to hear that estimate because in Augusta i got estimates of 900 each. Found a place down here in southern georgia where i go to school in Statesboro. If I take out the diff and axle they will do it for 500 and thats with installing the arb locker in the m205. only labot cost though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts