Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to give a heads up.
I visited Saw Mill auto wreckers in Yonkers NY. They had multiple 2012 Xterra Pro-4x's in their yard. Apparently they bought a bunch from a Nissan dealer who had deemed them factory defects. I seen a few Air Dam lights, leather seats, and a bunch of Pro-4x rims. The way I understood them was that these cars had never seen the road. the small parts and the floor mats were still in the plastic sitting inside the rigs. I ended up picking up some seats for my S, if I had more $ and room I would have gotten more. Jon helped me out a lot there. I believe they have an ebay site as well. just putting it out there.

·
on line
1,113 Posts
Nothing aimed at the OP, but it sounds fishy to me, dealerships normally wouldn't buy known factory defective cars just to sell them to a scrap yard, and how would they know they are defective if they haven't been driven. Probably flooded like Havoc stated and sat in 3 ft of water during Sandy.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Nothing aimed at the OP, but it sounds fishy to me, dealerships normally wouldn't buy known factory defective cars just to sell them to a scrap yard, and how would they know they are defective if they haven't been driven. Probably flooded like Havoc stated and sat in 3 ft of water during Sandy.
Whats fishy about it? Theres obviously something wrong with them if they're brand new trucks sent to a scrapyard. If its water damage, then that means the interior is probably moldy, but any other parts for the most part should be good. Seems like a good opportunity to pick up some unused pro-4x parts to me...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
call me spam or whatever dude, putting it out there for people who may want to look for wheels or other parts you don't see every day in good condition.. pretty much the reason I don't post on these sites is because of arrogant people sitting at their computer acting like the know everything. I have looked at this site several times to get info on issues people have seen with their rigs or what tires will fit without a lift etc...
I posted to let other people like me who like the parts off the offroad models but they seemed always hard to find. seemed like a find and I wanted to give back a little. But my first post has left a bad taste in my mouth so I will now leave the posting to the Veteran posters....

·
on line
1,113 Posts
It may have seemed like spam because it was your first post alot of times spammers will come in and have a post kinda like that. You werent really advertising just giving a heads up and its a nice find. I was on my way out the door so I was typing faster than I was thinking and re-reading it I sound like a **** sorry about that. Don't go running for the hills over that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I suppose it did seem like a bit of a commercial. your post Primer is not the one that got my Irish Panties in a bunch lol but maybe I do need to get thicker skin. Thanks

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Someone grab me those prox seats ! Darn why cant it be near me

·
Registered
21 Posts
Definitely Sandy flood vehicles. Several Nissan lots were total flood losses near me in Suffolk county. As a dealer for 15 years now i know all lemon law vehicles are sold at auction and dont end up in a salvage yards. Body parts would be good but anything electrical is toast including seats with airbags....:(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
no signs of water damage on my seats. you are probably better giving these guys a call. They seemed pretty busy..

·
Registered
152 Posts
Did anyone else purchase anything from these guys? Wondering if the feedback is generally positive. I was able to get some answers out of them via email but it wasn't easy, lots of one word responses. Also the phone number they list goes straight to a voicemail which has reached its storage limit and isn't accepting new messages.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts