Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Silver 2011 Pro 4X MT 10,500 miles.
PRG full suspension lift 700# radflos with AAL.
2" BL
Tint all around front and back windows look same tint%,
5 GFX Wheels with 295/65R18 Goodyear Duratracs less than 2K miles
Srockworks front bumper with hoop, rear bumper with tire carrier
White Knuckle Sliders with diamond plate Line-X'd by Line X
IMS, K&N air filter, hypertech Max Energy programmer
PRG adjustable sway bar links
Cold A/C, everything works as new, as it should at 10.5K
The truck is in excellent condition. Always garaged, no damage at all.
$30,000 or best reasonable offer

text XTERRA to - 9 oh 4 six 1 zero 5 five oh five - and I can send a few pics. I can take pics on request for serious inquiries.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
471 Posts
In all fairness, add up the cost of all the mods this dude has. Not saying he'll get what he's asking for and he'd definitely get more parting out, but hey, can't knock him for starting high and working down from there

·
Registered
86 Posts
Your best bet is to go stock and part out your mods. People here will suck those parted out mods up so fast your head will spin. Thats what I would do if I were in your shoes, just my opinion though. It will also help to post a pic of your truck:)

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Parting out is always the only answer to get any return on a build. Real auto people understand that they do the mods out of love and do not expect to get mods and labor costs out of a sale.

However if he pays a mechanic to do all the mods then parting out would not be a good option.

My only gripe is that we offer things to members here as a good deal and list it on craigslist or ebay for what we actually want out of it... With that being said, take your $30K price to craigslist and when you feel like helping a fellow member with a good deal then come back and list it for a reasonable price. My .02.

No offense meant so hopefully no offense taken!!!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tough crowd
Yeah, I've played on the interwebs since Al Gore invented it ;) my skin is thick online and IRL.

I posted this with 30K or best offer, I did'nt post it at 30K firm. I won't part it out because I won't spend the time turning wrenches and packing and shipping and hasseling on price for 10 things. There is over 5K in bumpers and lift's, plus tint $250 and W&T's just under $2K. Forgot about the shrox rear diff cover in the additions BTW. It looks brand new, sat outside of the garage a handful of nights. I waited six months for all the Shrox stuff, none of which is scratched, bent, etc. The bolts they and WK gave me were not long or strong enough for me. I have two sets of oversized washers, lock washers and extra long nylon locking nuts. I don't expect most to appreciate things like that; point is I did it all right. I own the vehicle outright, title in hand. It was paid in full the day I drove it off the lot. Have all maintenence records from my mechanic. Refused to use Nissan. They told me I could'nt change the oil at home for warranty reasons (joke and part of the reason they never saw me again).

I won't sell it for $25K. It's not enough and I don't even need the $, I need the garage space for other projects. There is ground. I would take this over a new 2013 off the lot any day. What does it have that this does not? A temperature reading or did that happen? Anyway, it's a great truck, enjoyed it. Can't go anywhere ever without positive comments. It's just time. If I put it in a local TT, I'll probably up the price to $31.5K OBO. A new Pro 4X is $28K or so. Of course I won't get full price even if it was stock and had 20 miles unless I was a salesman at Nissan. I'm not new at this nor am I unintelligent. Thanks for looking! Price is $30K OBO.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BTW, if anyone would like to see it and maybe put two pics on your PB acct. I'd appreciate it. They have made it impossible to post pics with my phone (I guess that's it, maybe I have to pay now?) but I'm not going to pay them to host under 50 pics. Advice on how to post the full album would be fine, nothing to hide. Thanks.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh yeah, also have brand new Raingler inside roof net and large divider. They will go with it if I sell it to a member here. If not, they'll be sold here after it sells unless it's to an Xterra enthusiast.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
7,713 Posts
Yeah, I've played on the interwebs since Al Gore invented it ;) my skin is thick online and IRL.

I posted this with 30K or best offer, I did'nt post it at 30K firm. I won't part it out because I won't spend the time turning wrenches and packing and shipping and hasseling on price for 10 things. There is over 5K in bumpers and lift's, plus tint $250 and W&T's just under $2K. Forgot about the shrox rear diff cover in the additions BTW. It looks brand new, sat outside of the garage a handful of nights. I waited six months for all the Shrox stuff, none of which is scratched, bent, etc. The bolts they and WK gave me were not long or strong enough for me. I have two sets of oversized washers, lock washers and extra long nylon locking nuts. I don't expect most to appreciate things like that; point is I did it all right. I own the vehicle outright, title in hand. It was paid in full the day I drove it off the lot. Have all maintenence records from my mechanic. Refused to use Nissan. They told me I could'nt change the oil at home for warranty reasons (joke and part of the reason they never saw me again).

I won't sell it for $25K. It's not enough and I don't even need the $, I need the garage space for other projects. There is ground. I would take this over a new 2013 off the lot any day. What does it have that this does not? A temperature reading or did that happen? Anyway, it's a great truck, enjoyed it. Can't go anywhere ever without positive comments. It's just time. If I put it in a local TT, I'll probably up the price to $31.5K OBO. A new Pro 4X is $28K or so. Of course I won't get full price even if it was stock and had 20 miles unless I was a salesman at Nissan. I'm not new at this nor am I unintelligent. Thanks for looking! Price is $30K OBO.
Posted via Mobile Device
Seems like a 24-26k truck to me. This isnt a Jeep, it doesnt get more valuable by adding high-quality parts, sad but true. Its a shame. Im sure some places could sell it on a lot with the add-ons for more money, but you're not a dealer and youre not offering someone financing. It doesnt matter what yours has over a new one, unless you find a buyer that is planning to do these exact upgrades to a brand new X.

GLWTS, youre a lucky guy if you get 30k for it.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just out of curiosity, why did you buy a new truck, dump a bunch of part into it, now you want to sell? Why?
I really love the look and capabilities of this Xterra. No offense to anyone but I had considered them because of their off road capability but did'nt like the way the front or rear bumpers looked. It looked like a Lego truck, IMO of course. When I saw an X with the Shrox front and rear bumpers with carrier, I knew I could love it. SL was always part of the plan.

I hav'nt owned anything other than 4WD V8 trucks with beds for 20 years (I'm 40). It does'nt work FOR ME. I wanted it to but I need a FS or LB truck bed. It's what I'm used to. I need the open space for work. This just sits in the garage taking up room and I'm driving my 120K 05' Ram still. I wanted my wife to sell her car and drive it. She likes to drive like a bat out of hell, flying around corners and the like. She has a 370 Nismo. Ugliest GD color too - puke freaking orange. She does'nt want to drive a "high" vehicle. I'm actually happy about it now...

Hope that cleared things up some. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm a slave to my family and job(s). Don't know Chris' situation but I get my hands dirty every day and have little time for "fun" any longer other than loving life, being alive and spending time with family, friends and our animals. You may have got the wrong impression about me. This was a huge monetary and time-consuming investment for me. One of the likes I will not be taking on for another decade most likely. I don't brag and would guess I'm middle of the road for newx.org members and the general population of the U.S. Thanks though! Surprising what not doing drugs or having an alcohol problem will get ya! I'm stepping out unless there are questions about the Xterra. God bless!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
471 Posts
Posting for Reece:

Double line-x'd sliders

Shrockworks diff cover

Front height

Rear height

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
have you tried advertising in Canada. a new pro-4x goes for about 40k here so you might get want you want. plus there are alot of Canadians in Florida and people dont mind driving there for a good price. I can put some feelers out on FB if you want.
That would be cool. I'm in between Jacksonville and Daytona, NE Florida. Feel free to call or text the phone # and please snag all the pics you want. Thank you.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
275 Posts
have you tried advertising in Canada. a new pro-4x goes for about 40k here so you might get want you want. plus there are alot of Canadians in Florida and people dont mind driving there for a good price. I can put some feelers out on FB if you want.
Why are they so expensive up there? I haven't been to Canada for about three or four years. But the last time I was there, the CAD was at about parity with the USD. Has that changed a lot or is part of that taxes?

Efutue

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Why are they so expensive up there? I haven't been to Canada for about three or four years. But the last time I was there, the CAD was at about parity with the USD. Has that changed a lot or is part of that taxes?

Efutue
The first and last time I ever checked, after reading his post, was .94C to 1.00U.S. If that is incorrect, please post current exchange rate. I'm guessing there are laws preventing Canadian citizens (most live within 100 miles of the boarder) from coming to buy new vehicles here. I read an article a year or so ago about Canadian citizens buying a ton of product from big box stores right over the boarder. They have a fraction of the population and yes, they are taxed just like us, maybe worse? Anyway, a used vehicle with mods. may bypass any laws. I don't claim to know of any laws regarding the import of foreign vehicles, I'm guessing. Shipping (especially on heavy, large items) from even the U.S. is expensive, I do know that. Since they import far less of everything, bulk prices will not be as substantial.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 20 of 22 Posts