Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Up for grabs 2 Gentex 453 auto dimming Homelink mirrors with compass and temp display in green. Includes wired pigtail, a temp sensor, and wire cover. $100 Shipped

US Paypal or cash in person. Dibbs are good for 4 days after paypal info is sent.

I’ve had one of these in my truck for almost 4 years now and the green being different from the rest of the amber lighting is not distracting at all. Took less than an hour to install but I have done lots of wiring before so it may take you longer.

Basically if your truck did not come with an autodim mirror you will need to run 4 or 5 wires depending on how you want your Homelink to work. 2 for the temp sensor 1 ground, 1 mirror power, 1 homelink power. If you want Homelink to only work when truck is on then you can just run one power wire.

To answer a few common questions…

No, your truck is not prewired for it.

Yes, you will have to add wires to your truck

Homelink can be powered separately.

No, I don’t think I will find one in amber.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Picked up one of these yesterday, need to pick up a temp sensor and get photos.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not sure why there are so many of these showing up in the yard lately. I now have 3 of them. There are 3 more out there that are damaged beyond what I would sell.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Still looking for my unicorn of this with Amber color and back up monitor. I know some folks don't notice...... I do . Don't need the home link though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Still looking for my unicorn of this with Amber color and back up monitor. I know some folks don't notice...... I do . Don't need the home link though
I have yet to find an Amber display, let alone one with BU monitor, in any of the yards I've gone through.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Does Gentex even make that? I know I had a rental Altima that had autodim and the monitor in the mirror but I've never seen one with with a compass or a temp display. Is there a manufacturer that installs those factory?

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
I've seen a few on eBay ink maker but there are either missing one thing or they're not in Amber

·
Registered
1,853 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would like to purchase a Gentex 453 auto dimming Homelink mirrors with compass and temp display, if still available. Please let me know your PayPal account email and I will send $100. Thanks.
--Ken

·
Registered
3 Posts
Question on Installing Gentex 453 Rearview Mirror

RE: Gentex 453 auto dimming Homelink mirrors with compass and temp display, how difficult it is to run the wiring if you haven't done it before? My YouTube search did not yield a relevant video. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts