Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

FS: SL Timbrens trade for Stock

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  S_e_X-Terra 
#1 ·
I bought a set of Rear timrens off ebay (JRC01) and they are the right ones for the X, but they are the longer style for people with SL. I do not have a SL so when installed, they are already compressed.

Anyone with the Timbrens for stock interested in trading for ones to use with a SL?

They installed fine and bolted right up, but once I lower the X, they are already sitting on the axle. Makes for a real bouncy ride.

#3 ·
I am pretty sure you have the right ones. mine were the same (before i lifted my truck). If you want you can take them off and cut one of the "bubbles" off to shorten them up a bit... someone on this site did it. I dont think that timberen makes shorter ones that fit our X's.

I could be wrong (doubt it though) so someone else chime in if they know something i dont.

#4 ·
I put mine on the other day (same kit). At least 1" space between bottom of the Timbren and the axle. No lift on my X (yet). They do make a difference, too. After installing them, I took it for a test drive in a nearby neighborhood w/ "Sleeping Policemen". About nine of them w/ signs posted Max Speed 20 MPH. Before the Timbrens, even going over these at 20 the rear end bottomed out. After Timbrens I tested at up to 30 w/o bottoming out. A bit stiff, but better than the bump before the install. I'll keep mine.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.