Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

FS: ShrockWorks m226 Diff Cover sold

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  TKX 
#1 · (Edited)
Sold

Selling my 2 year old shrock diff cover, will include brand new mounting hardware exactly like you get from shrock or some black hex cap bolts instead, your choice. Cover is used but I have ground and sanded all rock rash and will put on a coat of primer prior to selling.
Pics will be posted later.

Link to shrock website: http://www.shrockworks.com/Differen...tion-Skid-05+-Xterra-&-Frontier-pr-16205.html

#10 ·
You'd have to compare the depth and dimension of the BTF to the stock cover (I imagine the BTF is bigger overall). At the minimum you'd have to grind the weld beads on the BTF for a flush fit (otherwise you'll be applying force directly to those welds when torquing down the Shrock, and end up with a gap between both covers). Not to mention that your diff will lose some departure angle. Additionally, it's possible that the top lip of the Shrock will interfere with the BTF fill plug, so you might have to notch it.

This, of course, also presupposes that the stock and BTF covers have a similar enough shape to fit under the Shrock.

Now, if you cut the "cage" from the Shrock cover (i.e., cut the bracket portions out) and welded it to the BTF, you'd be in business.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.