Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sold

Selling my 2 year old shrock diff cover, will include brand new mounting hardware exactly like you get from shrock or some black hex cap bolts instead, your choice. Cover is used but I have ground and sanded all rock rash and will put on a coat of primer prior to selling.
Pics will be posted later.

Link to shrock website: http://www.shrockworks.com/Differen...tion-Skid-05+-Xterra-&-Frontier-pr-16205.html

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
anyone know if this will work with a BTF HighFill Cover?
i know its probably over kill to have both, but if it fits im in.
not sure if it would though :scratch:

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
You'd have to compare the depth and dimension of the BTF to the stock cover (I imagine the BTF is bigger overall). At the minimum you'd have to grind the weld beads on the BTF for a flush fit (otherwise you'll be applying force directly to those welds when torquing down the Shrock, and end up with a gap between both covers). Not to mention that your diff will lose some departure angle. Additionally, it's possible that the top lip of the Shrock will interfere with the BTF fill plug, so you might have to notch it.

This, of course, also presupposes that the stock and BTF covers have a similar enough shape to fit under the Shrock.

Now, if you cut the "cage" from the Shrock cover (i.e., cut the bracket portions out) and welded it to the BTF, you'd be in business.

·
on line
22,508 Posts
anyone know if this will work with a BTF HighFill Cover?
i know its probably over kill to have both, but if it fits im in.
not sure if it would though :scratch:
1. I dont think it would because the BTF sticks out further than the stock cover which this is made for.

2. It would be completely redundant and pointless.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
1. I dont think it would because the BTF sticks out further than the stock cover which this is made for.

2. It would be completely redundant and pointless.
1) Thats what I was thinking, that the btf sticks out more then the OEM because its a high fill cover.....I just wasn't sure how much gap there was between the shrock and the OEM cover.

2) thats like trying to tell me that having 2 front bumpers is pointless :tard:
haha...for real though, I know what you're saying.....I would have bought this if I knew for sure it was going to work :iconbiggrin:

thanks for the answers gentlemen!!

OP, GLWTS :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts