Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I forgot the mileage. I bought this from a guy on here and was told it was 3.36 gear but after I opened it i found out it was 2.93's. I will use uShip because they have the best shipping rates. It's crated and ready to go. You can text me anytime 727-698-0600. I won't take less than 200 since I'm already losing my tail end on this one.

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Don't want to threadjack, looks like you have buyers lined up, does anyone think there would be an issue of regearing a 2.93 to 4.56? I feel like there shouldn't be, but I don't know much about differentials.
This has been addressed elsewhere (other threads), but I don't unfortunately remember which ones ... I just remember participating in the discussion previously. There is *not* a carrier split for the gears currently available for the m205. This means that any of the currently available stock carriers can be used to run any of the currently available gear ratios (stock or aftermarket).

·
In Limbo
9,460 Posts
Don't want to threadjack, looks like you have buyers lined up, does anyone think there would be an issue of regearing a 2.93 to 4.56? I feel like there shouldn't be, but I don't know much about differentials.
There would be no issue. You can regear to whatever you want as long as both axle's (front & rear) gear ratios match.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts