Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title may seems a bit confusing... Let me explain. I came across this:

https://statesboro.craigslist.org/pts/4387542986.html

Ive so far talked to guy down to 600 because he lives in the middle of nowhere and isnt getting any offers at all.

Do you guys think this is something I should get? Ive never purchased something like this before but it seems like there are some decent parts on it where i could triple my money or more. minimum get back what i have in it and take the rest to the junk yard...

If anyone wants to know whats left on it let me know and Ill find out. I havent seen it in person yet either so who knows...

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I may be able to talk him down to 500. Im heavily considering it at that point. Sell little things like the door lock module^ and other random parts, then keep the engine and transmission and scrap the rest. That should at least yield a free motor and trans.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^ Now theres an idea!! Supercharger has been on the list for a long time. Its been at the very bottom but its been there.

To be honest. Id park it at my apartment complex. All they do is screw their tenants and after reviewing the lease Im technically allowed to do so.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
A couple hundred for the wheels and tires, 50 for the alternator, headrests, cup holders. Theres plenty to sell.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^Dibs on what?

I think I am going to buy it. A buddy of mine is going to half and half on me with it and that way there is very low risk with the possibility of a pretty sizable return. Should be here next week and then I guess Ill be taking orders. Everything will be priced to sell till I get my money back.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Yeah I'd go for it if I had the place to store it. Tons of salvageable parts on there. Try showing him $450 and it's a steal.

Don't think he'll get any other offers for that.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
I may be able to talk him down to 500. Im heavily considering it at that point. Sell little things like the door lock module^ and other random parts, then keep the engine and transmission and scrap the rest. That should at least yield a free motor and trans.
Its not a bad plan. I think $500 - $600 is a reasonable risk. Its highly likely you'll get your money back and have some spare parts for your rig.

Will you make a ton on it? I dunno, it would depend on demand for parts. I think you could unload some of the higher demand things quickly enough to break even - but beyond that a profit could take longer. Then again, a high ticket item like the transmission is bought by someone with SMOD in need, and you are well into the black.

^^ Now theres an idea!! Supercharger has been on the list for a long time. Its been at the very bottom but its been there.

To be honest. Id park it at my apartment complex. All they do is screw their tenants and after reviewing the lease Im technically allowed to do so.
BUT beyond your time, you'll need a place to store the donor car and the parts. In an apartment complex I just don't see that. Yeah, it might be "techincally" feasible - but I think residents would be all over finding a way to get that eye sore out of there.

BUT hey - if you do get it, DIBS on the seat bottoms for the passenger front and driver seat!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts