Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
on line
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright guys it's finally time... I need to start a new project and I have been dreaming up a new interior rack for almost 2 years now!

$400 w/out tools, however I am very willing to sell tools with so ask if you interested and foam will be included!

·
on line
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The custom metal tool box and heavy duty vibration proof rail sliders alone for this cost me over $400 and that does not include my rack and all my time.

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Just for giggles, can you say what your price would be with the tools & foam? And how much does it weigh as it sits? Are the legs be removable to facilitate shipping, or would it be better to try for a face-to-face exchange?

This is really tempting (I was really a bit jealous of it, when you put it together originally) ... but probably a bit out of my price range.

·
on line
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Skibum it would be $600, I have $300 in tools in there. It weights about 70 lbs and legs are not removable but I could possibly modify it so they could be.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Thanks Alex ... yeah, out of my budget right now, but a very cool setup. Wish I didn't have so much other stuff in the works!

Hope you get what you feel it's worth.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
For those who feel the price is steep......

It really isn't, a lot of work went into his design, and the parts used weren't cheap. If I recall it took more than one try to get it as seen in the OP.

KUMA glws, I would be interested if I had an X instead of my PU.

·
Registered
6,919 Posts

It really isn't, a lot of work went into his design, and the parts used weren't cheap. If I recall it took more than one try to get it as seen in the OP.
Agreed. Ask yourself how much you think your time is worth.

I wish I weren't saving up for tires because I would also otherwise be on this in a heartbeat.

·
on line
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

KUMA glws, I would be interested if I had an X instead of my PU.
Agreed. Ask yourself how much you think your time is worth.

I wish I weren't saving up for tires because I would also otherwise be on this in a heartbeat.
Thanks guys! :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Speaking as a fellow fabricator,
The current asking price is a great deal !
Someone snag it quick !
Also, I'm looking forward to seeing your next project.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I saw this in Moab, it's built with very good precision, no doubt. Sliders are smooth and the rack is solid!

·
on line
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
To answer questions, I am not sure the exact height of the rack but plenty of space! I could fit a full size cooler underneath but it slide on the bottom of the box... I did that on purpose so it wouldn't bounce or move around when I was offroading. In the pics on the front page that is a smaller cooler though. I don't have a pic from the front looking back, I will take one tomorrow though and measure the upper and lower space.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Interested to know if it could be modified to collapse the legs for shipping.
Also, clearance measurements below & above.
Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 20 of 31 Posts