Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Post when you order.

CODE: Tacomagroupbuy25

While cool to have our own discount code, I think it will be prudent to combine the GB from the tacoma forum with ours. that way it will be faster to meet the 25 units and get it shipped. FOR REFERENCE MINE TOOK 2-3 DAYS TO SHIP

If you would like to get an idea of how long it will be follow this thread or contact TRS, number below. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gr...fit-source-ongoing-gb-via-andrew-trs-114.html

The guys at Theretrofitsource.com have agreed to do an ongoing group buy if the demand is there.

I just finished installing one of these in my truck and its very high quality. The harness is very well made and easy to use.

BE AWARE THAT THE D2S WILL REQUIRE FURTHER MODIFICATION TO INSTALL (see post 100)
I personally recommend sticking to the H1 kit.

Included in the GB:
- Mini H1 Stage III
- Mini D2S Stage III
- FX-R Stage III

Price: the mini H1 is $270 with the group buy (25%off) its $202.50 + shipping.

Shipping: 2 day priority mail. Average price $20.

Orders will ship in queues of 25, so if 25 people order, it will ship, and then go to the next 25. If you're #1, you're waiting for #25 before yours ships.

TheRetrofitSource.com

If you have any questions about install or need any help let me know. PM me.

I'm not affiliated with TRS or gaining anything from this GB. Just want to get you guys a good deal on some sick lights!
http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=88889

The Headlight Retrofit Thread

Frontier how to
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/showthread.php?t=86215

·
Registered
303 Posts
Where were you two months ago when my ballast died and I had to pay Huess for a replacement? I was thinking it might make more sense to just dive in and upgrade the whole system with something more substantial.

Unfortunately, I am too busy at the moment remodeling my house so replacing my current HID projectors with upgrades is low on the priority list. I will keep an eye on this thread. Maybe in a month or two I will jump in.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Is there a sign up list for this? I might be interested in some new light. Been looking at them for a long time, just never could pull the trigger d/t the cost. With the discount it's more in my price range.

·
Registered
350 Posts
JUST WAITING FOR THE DISCOUNT CODE....

Price: the mini H1 is $270 with the group buy (25%off) its $202.50 + shipping.

Shipping: 2 day priority mail. Average price $20.

Orders will ship in queues of 25, so if 25 people order, it will ship, and then go to the next 25. If you're #1, you're waiting for #25 before yours ships.
Looks like you'll have to wait for 25 orders even if you have a discount code.

·
on line
1,054 Posts
Man, I think I may have to jump on this. What about fog lights?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Since I don't really know what "HID" means, are these LED driving lights, or halogen "high intensity" lights? Or something else entirely.

If they are LED, I might be in... I've been wanting to convert my X to LED for a while now and just haven't ponied up the money yet. They do look cool.

·
on line
1,054 Posts
Since I don't really know what "HID" means, are these LED driving lights, or halogen "high intensity" lights? Or something else entirely.

If they are LED, I might be in... I've been wanting to convert my X to LED for a while now and just haven't ponied up the money yet. They do look cool.
They are High-intensity discharge lights. Way better than LED at least for this application. I've tried all the types of LED for our vehicles as well as other bulbs and cheap HID eBay lights. They aren't meant for our headlight housings. This is to Retrofit HID lights like the ones you see stock in many of the luxury cars on the street.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
1,279 Posts

i think its time for a little reading...
LED and HID lighting are very different, LED headlights are still fairly new. Ones on the market are aimed at mimicing the factory halogen bulbs as far as the pattern goes. from what ive seen they are brighter than the factory halogens, but the high beams seem to seriously be lacking extra lighting when needed. that is only from the few threads i have seen, no first hand experience. one nice thing is they do not require headlight modification and can be swapped back to halogen bulbs rather easily.
A good thread on clubfrontier:
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f8/led-headlight-bulbs-review-115353/

Xenon HID headlights are what are normally found in luxury cars but are becoming very mainstream with other manufactures. Xenon bulbs are many times brighter and more efficient at producing light, a 35watt xenon bulb far outproduces a 55watt halogen bulb in lumens. this thread is for retrofit kits to be installed into factory reflector housings to properly utilize HID bulbs with a proper lighting pattern and cutoff unlike HID "conversions" which place a HID bulb into an unmodified halogen housing creating lots of glare and poor lighting.
A good read on why not to use HID "conversions":
http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/Hid/conversions/conversions.html

Some comparison shots from my retrofit:
my stock halogen headlights Low beam

One TRS morimoto 6.0 H1 projector with a xb35 4300k bulb and TRS 3five ballast. AKA mini H1 stage III

1 - 20 of 190 Posts