Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Xterra Off Road
1,708 Posts
DO NOT BUY A RAPTOR!

In the 1 year that I've owned mine this is what I have experienced.

3000 miles = broken locker
7000 miles = blown power steering line
8000 miles = broken valve spring
9000 miles = broken clock spring ( this is in the steering wheel assembly that caused a lot of play in the steering wheel)
Somewhere in there something went wrong with the power seat and they ended up replacing the entire right track because it made a horrible grinding noise.

And most recently, this week this weird whining sound started coming from the front of the engine where the pulleys are and last night my battery light came on so putting two and two together I think my alternator bearing may be gone.

Also for a truck that is designed for off road use the paint is very thin and chips and scratches easily. VERY easily

I have lost all my faith in ford and I would not recommend these things to anyone. Get a titan or tundra and have something reliable. And if you want a truck the Raptor has reduced payload and towing anyway.

Call me jaded but it seems like a waste of ALOT of money.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
DO NOT BUY A RAPTOR!

In the 1 year that I've owned mine this is what I have experienced.

3000 miles = broken locker
7000 miles = blown power steering line
8000 miles = broken valve spring
9000 miles = broken clock spring ( this is in the steering wheel assembly that caused a lot of play in the steering wheel)
Somewhere in there something went wrong with the power seat and they ended up replacing the entire right track because it made a horrible grinding noise.

And most recently, this week this weird whining sound started coming from the front of the engine where the pulleys are and last night my battery light came on so putting two and two together I think my alternator bearing may be gone.

Also for a truck that is designed for off road use the paint is very thin and chips and scratches easily. VERY easily

I have lost all my faith in ford and I would not recommend these things to anyone. Get a titan or tundra and have something reliable. And if you want a truck the Raptor has reduced payload and towing anyway.

Call me jaded but it seems like a waste of ALOT of money.
I they are just nice to look at then.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
He won't get married till everything is sold, something about me then owning half of it all... I request an prenup!!

Too bad it's a feeler Ty, I'll give ya the money for the gobi right now. Haha.

Too bad to see you thinking about moving on buddy, but do what you want to do and don't let any tell ya otherwise.

I still owe you beer and pizza soon.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
He won't get married till everything is sold, something about me then owning half of it all... I request an prenup!!

Too bad it's a feeler Ty, I'll give ya the money for the gobi right now. Haha.

Too bad to see you thinking about moving on buddy, but do what you want to do and don't let any tell ya otherwise.

I still owe you beer and pizza soon.

Didnt we just discuss all of what you said on the phone?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I'll do the TS parts and bumper when I get my bonus next month. I'll drive up your way; I'm sure we could find a good mid point to do the swap. What's going on with your rear suspension?

Sn0

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Actually, I was about to message you about a rear bumper because I was going to get a rear bumper and pop up camper with my bonus, but looks like the TS would work out a lot better! :)

Sn0

1 - 20 of 143 Posts