Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
on line
3,673 Posts
Ohh temporary dibs please. I've been looking for one of these for a while. Can you send a picture of what the harness end looks like at the mirror. Do you know if it will work with the stock Xterra mirror harness? Also, where did you find a pick and pull. I've been looking for one but couldn't find one in the area.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Edited original post. Compared the pin sizes on this mirror to the pins on my factory mirror. The pins on this one were a lot smaller so you will not be able to just de pin and plug them in. Also corrected the pictures.

Junk yard was out near Stone Crest Mall.

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it works with the original mirror mount on the window.

Plug pictures as requested.

·
on line
1,739 Posts
I just have the regular mirror on mine.. what would I need to get this thing going - just compass and auto dim. Do I just need a power and ground?

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just have the regular mirror on mine.. what would I need to get this thing going - just compass and auto dim. Do I just need a power and ground?
You would need to tap ignition power in the dash and ground it. If you don't need Homelink you might want to look at the other mirror I posted that has a temp gauge on it.

·
on line
2,868 Posts
IIRC, the 4 wires are: battery 12v (for homelink functionality without key on), ignition 12v, illumination (to activate auto-dim), and ground. You can also solder the battery & ignition wires together and connect only to ignition 12v of the vehicle - I personally think this is more secure, meaning no one can break into your vehicle (if outside) and open your home without ignition on. This is the way mine is wired - except two more wires for temp sensor.

Mr. Hinchey, I think you would also need illumination signal at a bare minimum to make auto dim work. This is all readily available at the drivers side kick panel near the floor.

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The auto dim works on its own without any input other than power. There is a light sensor on the back of the mirror. If you cover it the mirror dims and the compass dims as well. Let light back in the dimming turns off and the compass gets brighter. I downloaded the FSM for the Maxima, the other 2 wires seem to be for triggering auto dimming side mirrors.

·
on line
1,739 Posts
Okay, if I can just pop my mirror off and put this one on I'll take it! Sounds like all the wiring is definitely doable.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am definitely interested in one of these for my 07 Off Road. Is the HomeLink easy to setup? Haven't had a vehicle with it yet. What year Maxima did you grab it out of if you don't mind me asking?

·
on line
1,739 Posts
I can probably answer some of these questions. The one he posted is from an 06 Maxima (says in the first post) and didn't state what the other years were that he found.

It should be fairly simple.. just hold down on the buttons and press the button on whatever device you want to pair it to

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This one is paid for. I’ll go back later this week and get as many as I can for the other folks that want one.

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Went out yesterday to hunt for more of these. Found several Autodim, Homelink with no compass in good shape. These are the previous model that are a little more round on the bottom. Have not had a chance to test them and take pictures yet. There should have been another 06 Maxima out there but it was not where it should have been on the lot. They give you a print out of where on the lot the cars are that you select. Just tells you a row #, each row has 15 or so cars on it. In wandering around I found the Maxima I took the first mirror out of was also in the wrong place.

I did find 2, 05’s that had compass but the first Homelink buttons on them had wear on them like this.

Sorry, the airfreshner tree is extra.

Compass has sensor on the window mount.

Anyone interested in those?

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got around to stripping the wires and testing the 3 Gentex 313’s I got on Tuesday. All work fine, updated first post.

Still waiting for them to update where the other 06 Maxima is. I noticed they had just gotten another 04-08 Maxima in when I was leaving but they had not prepped it for the yard yet.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts