Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the Titan Swap and gears are nearing my future so my R180 w/ 3.69 gears and my rear ring and pinion are up for sale.

So R180 w/ 3.69 gears already set and good for install - $500

and Ring and pinion gears for an M226 3.69 gear set - $200

If I remember correctly this is the highest gear set you can put in a R180 and to be honest ive never seen an Auto Trans with this set up. YOU could be the first person!

This wont be happening until the spring time because im not going to lay down in the snow to do this. So you have some time.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
So does this meen I have a set of radflows in my near future?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Hey Reggie

If I take the R180 from you what else do I need to add? My truck has stock gears in the rear... Can I add the rear gears to my oem rear axle? Or do I have to change the rear axle as welI?

I can wait until spring...

Thanks
Ramiro

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Reggie221: I have that set-up, on my 2010 S AT.....got the axle & diff off a 2011 OR I think it was.
I'm happy with it (especial cause I'm now fully locked)!!

Ramiro: you'll also need the Ring/Pinion he has for sale.
I highly suggest you go for it if you don't plan on getting an M205.

GLWTS
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
870 Posts
Reggie221: I have that set-up, on my 2010 S AT.....got the axle & diff off a 2011 OR I think it was.

GLWTS
Posted via Mobile Device

Can you use the m205 with your OEM setup or does require additional parts? The M205 is a titan swap ?

I'll take 2nd DIBS

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Reggie

If I take the R180 from you what else do I need to add? My truck has stock gears in the rear... Can I add the rear gears to my oem rear axle? Or do I have to change the rear axle as welI?

I can wait until spring...

Thanks
Ramiro

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
---- If you are going to take the R180 you might as well grab the rears as well.. its just cheaper than going to a website and trying to buy them. The rear gears are $320 online. Now the rear gears will only fit in an M226. Your only other option is to find a M226 out of a Manual Transmission Xterra which will already have these gears. But long story short the front gears NEED to match the rear gears or else things in your truck will go KABOOM that you don't want to go KABOOM.

Can you use the m205 with your OEM setup or does require additional parts? The M205 is a titan swap ?

I'll take 2nd DIBS
The M205 is out of a Titan or Armada, the diff its self does not make the "Titan Swap". You still need to add the UCA, LCA, etc (there are like 400 threads about this topic) but to answer your question No. The gearing in a M205 comes out with 3.54 gears in it plus whatever your rear gears are. As explained in the previous reply the front and rear gears MUST MATCH. I would recommend the R180 locker ($1040 on RuggedRocks.com) and then if you have an M226 already add these gears and you will be more capable than a TS xterra with no front locker.

GLWTS
Posted via Mobile Device
That's awesome!! I haven't seen an AT with 3.69s and you cant attest to being unstoppable through the majority of the terrain that you encounter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts