Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may have the opportunity to start selling LED light bars direct from a manufacturer. I was wanting to see how much interest I would get seeing as how I would have to make the innitial purchase on my own. They are all built using Cree 5w LEDs. Spot/Flood combo.

The sizes are as follows.
50"--23,000 lumen--$450
40"--16,900 lumen--$370
30"--12,600 lumen--$330
20"---8,400 lumen--$290
12"---4,600 lumen--$190
6"----3,000 lumen--$160
3"----2,200 lumen--$100
I will have pics and vids up soon as soon as my new set comes in.
Remember this is only a feeler. I have to make sure I have enough interest before I invest.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
277 Posts
What is the brand?

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
You may want to compare to N.Y.X.'s Totron group buys. He runs those fairly often, a couple of times a year, and until recently they were completely nonprofit - if you can beat what he's offering or have significantly different product, you might be able to drum up some interest.

Most recent: http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=65911

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like the GB ended. I coukdnt find anything on pricing from that thread. Ilk contact him before I do anything so that I don't step on his turf.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is the brand?
I will get back to you on that. This kinda fell into my lap tonight. A good buddy of mine had his prerunner sponsored by the manufacturer. I know that they are sent to him pre branding so there are no seller labels on them yet. He offered to allow me to sell on this forum because he doesn't have a lot of spare time and needs to purchase x ammount per month to jeep the product coming. I'll add more and bump when I know more.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
TNX Administrator
20,232 Posts
Well hopefully they are not treklights, because they kind of screwed us on some deals / agreements.....

·
Registered
69 Posts
Agreed - no Trek Lights

I actually received mine and they work well enough on the 950, but the delays and communication really didn't work out.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I do think you will have a tough time getting a ton of interest in this since NYX has frequent LED GB's, and he is probably one of the better sellers to work with on the forum.

I'm sure you could fill a small order so long as the minimums aren't too high, you time it right, and offer a good price.

·
on line
3,453 Posts
Agreed with others, we appreciate you offering us another lighting options but we're quite satisfied with NYX and his frequent LED light GB's though as he's been a long time member here with good reputation and excellent feedback.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Unfortunately its kind of a grey area on what the brand actually is. They are manufactured by a company called YijiTech. They then sell them to other distributors and the distributors then self brand them.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No problem guys. The opportunity fell into my lap so i figured that i would offer them to the X community. If anyone does need anything outside of the group buy, remember me but i wont advertise really. I dont wanna step on NYX's toes.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Thanks for the kind words everyone!!! I really appreciate it!!!

To be honest you would not be stepping on any toes; competition is healthy and helps keep things fair for the consumers. I don't see anything wrong with this just as long as you do not follow "treklights" lead of getting in way over your head and not knowing how to dig yourself out! I'm not saying he screwed people over it was just and extreme lack of preparation on his end, followed by a series of unfortunate events.

With that being said, feel free to proceed however you'd like!! Just understand that it is a crap ton of work, chinese distributors make more mistakes than Walt Disney's "goofy" and you are unable to host a GB with your current credentials without becoming a supporting vendor, or something like that. Either way, I wish you the best of luck!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I didn't hear about the treklight thing but it doesn't sound like a good situation.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
I didn't hear about the treklight thing but it doesn't sound like a good situation.
Nothing too too bad, just a very small startup operation taking way too many orders at once (they held multiple huge GBs simultaneously across many boards), then facing significant shipping delays and other problems outside of their control. Stuff arrived eventually (at least to my understanding) and they definitely learned that ambition is not always a good thing.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh yeah I have no intention on doing a group buy or marketing anywhere but here for now. I even considered a cutoff limit to see how it went in case I got too popular. But this would be a full time offer. I don't have one month to get them all sold or anything. I'm just waiting to get my lights in to see about the build quality. Remember thus is just a feeler and so far everyone's comments have been very helpful. Maybe I could pick one or two of the most popular lights and stock up on them.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 18 of 18 Posts