Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boulder Ironworx rear bumper with Tire swing. This is a 2nd Gen Bumper from Boulder Ironworx made by Corey Sain of In Sain Fab. The Tire sits a little lower than the new ones, So you can see out the back window. This is a quality bumper and there is no wait time on Fab work. I paid $1000.00 for this bumper asking 750.00.

IMG_1022 by ColoradoX, on Flickr

IMG_1023 by ColoradoX, on Flickr

IMG_1024 by ColoradoX, on Flickr

·
TNX Senior Member
537 Posts
If you don't mind my asking are you selling to get a different rear bumper, or going back to factory?

·
Registered
335 Posts
I like the better visibility of the lower-hanging tire. Can't tell from the pics, but wondering how much that might interfere with the trailer hitch. You mentioned getting a different bumper that is a better fit for your camper. Wondering what would make it a better fit. And carrying a 33" tire, is there any clearance issues with the tongue/coupler of a standard camping trailer (WITHOUT a weight-distributing hitch)?

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the better visibility of the lower-hanging tire. Can't tell from the pics, but wondering how much that might interfere with the trailer hitch. You mentioned getting a different bumper that is a better fit for your camper. Wondering what would make it a better fit. And carrying a 33" tire, is there any clearance issues with the tongue/coupler of a standard camping trailer (WITHOUT a weight-distributing hitch)?
This is my second camper, My 1st camper was a pop up and I had a drop hitch on it, I did not have any problems pulled great. My new camper is a Hybrid and also has a 5 inch lift on my camper. So now my camper sits high no drop hitch needed but tire interferes with mounting the camper. Unless you have a lifted camper or trailer you will not have any problems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts