Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, since purchasing my Xterra a few weeks ago and joining the site, I have noticed a lot of odds and ends that people are looking for in the "WTB" section. I have an offer for all my fellow "X" owners out there or any other Nissan you may own. If you are looking for a part, please feel free to let me know what it is and I will catalog it, give you a price and let you decide if you want it or not. All my parts (other than Reman items) will be brand new from Nissan, I will be completely open and honest about how much I will sell it for vs. MSRP. All S&H falls to the buyer and I use FedEx out of Zip Code 98312. Some of the items I have noticed people looking for that I have looked up are as follows:

Engine Cover: MSRP $18.45 vs. $14.00

Cup Holder Inserts: MSRP $8.52 vs. $6.50 (each)

Rear Cup Holder: MSRP $69.96 vs. $56.00

Rear Center Console Panel w/ cup Holder: MSRP $133.18 vs. $100.00

The saving will be more significant on higher priced items.

Currently there is a slight catch, that I am attempting to fix, my dealership does not have a paypal account. So for now, at least, all purchases would need to be done over the phone or via email, with a credit card.

Also, if you have a place of business that you can have items shipped to, it could save a few bucks since FedEx charges more for "Home" delivery.

So, hit me up and let me know what you're after and I will see what I can do for ya!!!

(Moderators - I read through the rules and didn't see anything that says this type of offer isn't allowed, but if I am wrong, please let me know.)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Soo....can you tell us ur actual cost of an X? what the dealership pays for it
Honstly, no....I don't get involved with the sales department when it comes to vehicle sales, just parts. I've been working for dealerships starting in the early '90's in New Mexico until now in Washington and I've always stayed out of the sales end of things.

I can tell you this though, there is actually very little profit in New Car Sales.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tax & Hours

Just FYI and clarification purposes...

I failed to mention that tax will have to be added to any sales, the tax rate is 8.6%.

Also, I mainly work from 7:30 to 4:30 Monday thru Friday (Pacific Time), so if i don't get back to you right away...you'll know why.

·
Premium Member
22,508 Posts
Just FYI, we've long had a supporting member here who works at a dealer and does what you are trying to do. He's been around a long time and made some loyal customers. I'm sure it's a free market, but wanted to give you a heads up that you might be coming in here and stepping on some toes.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm in Nissan sales and there really isn't much mark up on new cars now a days. You'd actually be surprised how little profit on new cars there is. You wouldn't believe how complicated Nissan makes their programs also. I've seen them change their programs (rebates/lease programs) 5 times in a month before. If you question the price of an xterra one month to the next, a lot of that is rebates and dealer cash. Back in Feb, I remember the xterras in my region gained an additional $2,000 in bonus cash, on top of factory rebates and finance rebates. So just because a dealer lowered the price $2,000 one month doesn't mean they made $2,000 if you bought that car the month before. Nothing will change what the difference is for what the dealer paid for the car and what the msrp is.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for the heads up....I'm not looking to step on any toes or anything of the sort....just looking to help.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
Just FYI, we've long had a supporting member here who works at a dealer and does what you are trying to do. He's been around a long time and made some loyal customers. I'm sure it's a free market, but wanted to give you a heads up that you might be coming in here and stepping on some toes.
Posted via Mobile Device
If anything, you should become a supporting vendor - we have two other dealerships on board (Cherry Hill Nissan in NJ and Boulder Nissan in CO). It's nice to have regional options - you'll be the western choice :thumbup:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If anything, you should become a supporting vendor - we have two other dealerships on board (Cherry Hill Nissan in NJ and Boulder Nissan in CO). It's nice to have regional options - you'll be the western choice :thumbup:
Actually, that is something I am concidering and may take up with the dealer principal in the near future. I've already looked over the rules and regs of the thenewx.org for being a supporting dealer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts