Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
on line
10,980 Posts
The c200k is what is in the 2nd gen Xterras that don't have an m226, but some folks do call it simply a c200.

·
on line
10,980 Posts
I know the first post says m226 & m205, and if it's correct, then yes you could use these instead of the more common 3.36 gears ... however I'm 99% sure these are actually for an r180 and m226, and would not work for the m205 - I'm unaware of any 3.54 m205 gears in the aftermarket, and that ratio was not a Nissan factory ratio.

Bres can confirm or correct me, though ...

·
Registered
601 Posts
I did some light research on this matter as well and never came up with 3.54 gears for the m205, good luck trying to buy something from this guy, I tried to get these gears for over a month from him and he never came thru. don't worry Steevo came thru for me. oh and the post originally did say they were for the m226 and r180 then he edited the post to m205 instead of the r180 gears. so there you have it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I thought so. Thanks all. I'll just stick with my original plan and do 4.10 gears. Just wait a little longer so I can do all at once.

·
In Limbo
9,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have an R180 with 3.54 gears in it, but the entire carrier is still together.

The M205 gears are not aftermarket, they are OEM. They are brand new and never driven a mile.

The M226 gears saw about a 90,000 miles of street use.

I do apologize to cjs83. I was so busy with my wedding, work, and my sick dog I dropped the ball.

·
on line
10,980 Posts
The M205 gears are not aftermarket, they are OEM.
I stand corrected ... did they come from an overseas application, that crosses to the US m205? I only ask because, as I said, I would have been 99% certain (before today) that there was no USDM m205 application that came factory equipped with 3.54 gears - IE: this is the first I'm hearing about this availability.

Apologies for derailing ... feel free to take this conversation out of your FS thread, if you're so inclined; I'm just eager to make sure info like this is widely available.

ShaneleX, if you're interested in this ratio, this is a good price for front and rear gearsets ... you'd easily spend this much or more, for an R&P set for ONE differential. At this price, it's like a 2 for 1.

I'll also vouch for Stephen on a personal level (if it means anything) ... I've camped/wheeled with him, and consider him a standup guy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have an R180 with 3.54 gears in it, but the entire carrier is still together.

The M205 gears are not aftermarket, they are OEM. They are brand new and never driven a mile.

The M226 gears saw about a 90,000 miles of street use.

I do apologize to cjs83. I was so busy with my wedding, work, and my sick dog I dropped the ball.
So th R180 with 3.54 gears should be the right ones for my 2005 Xterra s 4x4 manual trans. with CC35 on drivers door? If so how much would it cost for the entire carrier and shipping. Because I don't know if I had just the gears if there is any special tooling needed for reassembling everything with new bearings.

·
In Limbo
9,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, this R180 will match your 2005 Manual with an M226 rear. Shipping is the worst part about shipping an entire R180. I would ask $150 for the whole differential plus shipping.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts