Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Why is it called the world series? I would expect the world to be involved in it. just curious. always have been.

·
Registered
822 Posts
i had read once its called the World Series basically for marketing. Back in the late 1800's when the first National league versus American league series was played it was called "The Championship of the United States". It was then called "The World's Championship Series" to make it sound like a bigger event in the same way "The World's Fair" did. Just was shortened over time to the World Series. It makes more sense now than it ever did considering the best from all over the world play in the MLB now. I had a friend from Russia take issue with the name saying the world isnt competing so I had to find out.

Amazing season for the Sox. I never thought this was possible even midway thru the season.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
suck it.

but really, congrats to the Sox. they definitely outplayed us and deserved to win.

we'll see you guys next year.

·
on line
4,594 Posts
Yeah, as much as I hate to admit it ... Pedroia was a fielding beast, and Ortiz was a hitting machine.

Now maybe they can shave that crap off their faces and take a shower so people will stop tossing coins to them on the street.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Hey hey he's off the juice now !! Lol. He was deff on the juice when Manny was with the sox. Cardinals played dead yesterday .

Hold on to those tickets T .

·
Registered
822 Posts
I think its fitting at this point. Just because the games are played on US and Canadian soil doesn't mean the world isn't competing. The best players from all over globe are playing in the MLB now. I would say by default the team that beats all other teams in the MLB is the best team in the world. True its not country vs country but why should it have to be?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts