Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,
As much as I hate to do it (and I sincerely do) the imminent birth of my first child has lead to me looking for a vehicle that is more accommodating for a small family. As a result, I am selling my 2010 Xterra Off-Road.

My truck is black, has every option except the factory hitch, and includes items the factory did not including:
- 285 Duratracs (less than 10k on them)
- Weathertech mats
- Heated seats
- Remote start
- One of those little craftsman toolboxes that fits under the rear seat

As the title states the truck has 65,000 miles, and recently had the 60,000 mile service done, including a new serpentine belt. It also has the factory off road lights. The truck is in fantastic condition, and literally the only reason I am selling it is for a more accessible back seat.

I am asking $18,500 for it. The truck is located in Chicago, IL. Message me if you're interested.

While I don't have any pics of it shiny and clean at the moment, I thought this board would probably prefer pics of it being used.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Totally, to each their own, but the X can handle a kid or two.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
I thought that was an amazing price until I looked up what my 2010 S with the same mileage is worth. Wow, these took a BIG hit in value in the last year. :(

Just a FYI, I've bought and sold hundreds of cars, I would post detailed pics of it after a fresh detail and ZERO pics of it offroading. My two cents, but it will help you with the sale.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
I thought that was an amazing price until I looked up what my 2010 S with the same mileage is worth. Wow, these took a BIG hit in value in the last year. :(

Just a FYI, I've bought and sold hundreds of cars, I would post detailed pics of it after a fresh detail and ZERO pics of it offroading. My two cents, but it will help you with the sale.
Not a good price a all.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a friend who is looking at it locally too, I haven't put it up for sale anywhere else except here, hence no detailed clean pics. If I do post it locally, I will of course get that done.

As for the price, you are right its high compared to anything other than an Off-Road or a Pro-4x. For an Xterra with the off-road package, the price is fair. I live in Chicago. Autotrader shows 4 Off-Road / Pro-4x within 300 miles, all of which are more expensive. The cheapest is still more than I'm asking and has 80k miles. Considering none of them have Duratracs, heated seats, or remote start, I believe the price is fair. I also stated I am willing to negotiate.

As for using it for kids, I would certainly agree its big enough, but the lady in my house brewing the baby would disagree. I fought the good fight, but lost in the end.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Yours is very fair price for the miles on it . Wish it was around when i bought my "S" not know anything about the offroad/pro4x models .

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
My 2012 pro-4x with 20000 miles, fully loaded with leather is only valued at $23,500 for private sale. That's without the upgrades I have done. I would double check what yours is worth for a private sale. According to KBB, assuming yours is in good condition with every option and oversized tires it came out to $16,300. With lowballers out there I'd expect to get about $15,000. Probably better off trading it in.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Get some rock sliders to help with the back seat access. ;-). And replace the first aid kit with a diaper bag and you are good to go. I traded in my pick up for a minivan when my second came around and hated the last 5 years of driving until I got a Pro-4x in January.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I actually had already picked out the whiteknuckle sliders for the very fact they had a step in the back, but arguing with a pregnant woman is pretty futile. I looked at the various car pricing websites, all you're right that they all come in lower. Considering the actual listed retail prices of these vehicles are considerable higher than the websites state would indicate there is a disconnect between the listed prices and the appraisal websites. My feeling is that there is likely not a large enough dataset for actual off-road / Pro-4x Xterras, so they use the data for lower level Xterras.

I just did a search on autotrader to see what the actual market is for these. I searched for 2009-11 Xterra Off-road or Pro-4x with leather, and less than 75,000 miles. There are 13 available nationwide, with an average price of $22,443. The cheapest is $19,741. Increasing the range to 100,000 miles, only adds 2 vehicles, with an average price of $21,722. Increasing the years to 2009-2013 increases the selection to 36 vehicles, but also raises the average price to $24,764.

Based on these figures, my vehicle is a steal compared to the market, providing the purchaser wants the extra capability of the off-road / Pro-4x models.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
A lot depends on how you're selling it. Dealership sales are always higher than personal sales. And with auto trader you set your own price, can't really use that as a research tools. I can list mine for 50k if I wanted too on auto trader, doesn't mean that's it's market value for a private sale.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I agree, a listing is not what the vehicle actually sold for, but it does give a sample of beginning prices to negotiate from, and my price is $3,000 below the lowest average from the data. Once again i feel you are comparing regular Xterras to the off-road / Pro-4x. Based on the data, the cheapest had a listing price of $19,700, with higher mileage. If someone can show me where comparable vehicles are selling for less than what autotrader is showing i would change my tune, but all the data I've seen says for the package and miles, $18,500 is more than fair.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 14 of 14 Posts