Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
on line
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I joined the club back in August for the second time but my pesky health problems popped up again and I need the money to pay off medical bills. So..."Hi all" and PLEASE help me out and try to find me a good buyer for my baby!

Here's the scoop...

265hp V6 with auto tranny, Off Road model with push button locking diff, traction control and VDC, push button 4WD, skid plates, NISMO grey and blue mesh seats that fold flat in front and rear, cargo area slider/retainer system, PWR everything, cruise, Rockford Fosgate 6disc changer with subwoofer and steering wheel audio controls, cloth AND rubber floor mats, rubber cargo cover. All maintenance and recalls are up to date!

$6000+ of aftermarket all installed since Aug 07...

AC Premium lift kit with Bilstein coilovers, add-a-leaf and extended rear brake lines-$1300

Total Chaos upper control arms-$700

ProComp camber bolts-$60

Shrockworks front bumper powder coated grey with shackles(winch capable)-$1000

Shrockworks rear receiver hitch bumper powder coated grey with shackles-$500

Shrockworks rock sliders powder coated grey-$450

ProComp 285/75/16 Xtreme Mud Terrain tires with less than 4K miles-$1300

Volant cold air intake-$300

Poweraid throttle body spacer-$130

35% front window tint-$80

I am an ex-Honda dealership mechanic so I performed all the work myself and it has been done right! There are no known mechanical/electrical issues at this time and everything is sorted out with the lift...alignment is perfect with no rubbing issues. 4WD works excellent. I haven't done any extreme off-roading but it has been "tested". This truck is SOLID! Fly in and drive it home anywhere with no worries whatsoever. Tracks and drives great on the highway with not as much tire noise as you'd think. There is a loan on the vehicle so we will have to go to my bank during business hours to take care of paperwork...$20,000 FIRM! NADA for this vehicle with current miles is $20,750 NOT including the $6k of fresh aftermarket!

[email protected]

1-816-305-9065...leave mssg.

My name's Jonathan

I can't figure out how to post pics so here's a link for my Craigslist add...

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/car/577372371.html

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Moving to Swap Meet.

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Buyer beware.

Says joined in August, user comes up with "Joined: 25 Feb 2008"

So far user has spamed our board trying to sell this rig. (Have deleted all the other posts)

·
on line
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I meant I bought my Xterra in August and was therefore a member of the "I own an Xterra" club, not this forum. I appreciate your concern for your members but if you would make a simple classifieds forum that I would have noticed right away then I wouldn't have "spammed" the other sections. Sorry we got off on the wrong foot...

·
on line
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea...people usually sell crap at swap meets, not a modified $20k SUV. I'm beginning to think I wasted my time ever stopping by here since sarcasm and moderators instantly assuming I'm a scammer instead of asking me a question, or trying to educate me, is all I've found. You'd think a hard working guy fallen on bad times could catch a break trying to sell a bad-ass Xterra!!!

·
on line
704 Posts

·
on line
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WOW! Thanks for the +1! I appreciate you doing a mini background check on me so I can get these guys off me...sad, and a little creepy, that it had to come to that:( Of all the forums I've been on in my life, I've never been second guessed as being a fraud!!! You Xterra guys are a skeptical bunch:/

Not interested in the trade. I need to walk away without the payment, and the fun:( , at this point.

·
on line
2,459 Posts
1) You've never posted before. You're first post is trying to sell a $20,000 vehicle. Ever heard of internet scams?
2) You post in 5 different sections trying to sell the vehicle. You don't care to read our rules.
3) No one ever accused you of being a fraud. A general 'buyer beware' was posted due to #1 and #2.
4) Your phone number being in the same area your location doesn't mean jack. See the end of #1.
5) Perception of what 'swap meet' means is based on personal interpretation.

I don't care if you sell your vehicle here, there, or any where. And I truly hope you do sell it to pay off your medical expenses. Good luck.

·
on line
807 Posts
Good luck with the sale.
You can't blame Cornick for warning people. Generally people don't join a forum only to sell their truck, plus you "spammed" the forum with multiple threads instead of posting in the correct section. Now that you have explained yourself it was obviously just a mistake, but from our point of view it didn't look promising.

You've got yourself a nice truck it shouldn't be too hard to sell it.

·
on line
615 Posts
DFYFZX said:
Of all the forums I've been on in my life, I've never been second guessed as being a fraud!!! You Xterra guys are a skeptical bunch:/
This is probably the most public Xterra forum you will post this ad on. We have to keep our collective heads on a swivel. Sorry if it came across wrong, with this many people on here you're bound to catch someone on a bad day.

·
on line
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
santacruzed said:
DFYFZX said:
Of all the forums I've been on in my life, I've never been second guessed as being a fraud!!! You Xterra guys are a skeptical bunch:/
This is probably the most public Xterra forum you will post this ad on. We have to keep our collective heads on a swivel. Sorry if it came across wrong, with this many people on here you're bound to catch someone on a bad day.
Thanks for the explanations and compliments. I can see how it looked suspicious and if all of you can see how I was able to take it the wrong way then I think we'll all get along fine.

Now help me sell my car :thumbleft:

·
on line
30 Posts
FRAUD WARNING?

I would have to agree with DFYFZX on this one. First off if someone is truly ill is easy to mispeak something especially when it has to do with a time frame. Secondly if you bought the truck he mentioned in the first statement that you would have to take a trip to his bank. This obviously means there is loan on this truck through this FINANCIAL INSTITUTION which would have a lien release attached to the sell. If it is his own bank you would have to find a brave mofo to try and be crooked about making this kind of illegal move.

DFYFZX let me know if parting out some of the aftermarket mod's would help with some relief until she is sold.

P.S. IF someone really has to be warned to "BE AWARE" on a $20,000 deal than they deserve what they get if they do not double check the deal to begin with.

·
on line
119 Posts
Alright. . . I know the seller of this vehicle and also know he is a car/suv/truck enthusiast. This is a legit ad 100%. He does live in the Kansas City area as do I.

So everyone can rest assured that this is not a fraud or spam. He does in fact have medical issues.

Thanks,

Jared

·
on line
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It has the grey and blue interior. It's Night Armour and the Shrockworks stuff is powdercoated dark grey. I was thinking about powder coating the wheels the same color but never got around to it...For anyone that hasn't noticed, there is a link to pictures in the original post down at the bottom. I can also email pics to anyone that's interested...

·
on line
1,054 Posts
however, as stated in several posts, those who we are un-aware with trying to sell a 20k ride without anyone knowing that person or talking to that person, yes, it does seem a bit odd, sorry you assume we're skeptical, we're just trying to cover our own tails as well as our wheeling buddies, i'm sure you can agree you would do the same.

read edited part below.

·
on line
3,218 Posts
"if ya wanna see dick head members and mods, go over to XOC. :binky: "

Screw you yamsack. :fart:

Nice truck, hope you're doing better quickly :eek:ccasion9:

·
on line
2,004 Posts
ProjectX said:
if ya wanna see dick head members and mods, go over to XOC.

most of us came here to get away from XOC, we're by far one of the more nicer forums around, however, as stated in several posts, those who we are un-aware with trying to sell a 20k ride without anyone knowing that person or talking to that person, yes, it does seem a bit odd, sorry you assume we're skeptical, we're just trying to cover our own tails as well as our wheeling
buddies, i'm sure you can agree you would do the same.
XOC is awesome!
j/k

1 - 20 of 29 Posts