Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I wanna do is go to Moab in a few weeks and have my X ready. I have been waiting for rock sliders and certain suspension components to show up so I can do the work. I'm sure we can all guess who is providing the sliders.

I finally call this morning to find out the status of the orders. (It's been 6 weeks waiting for the sliders) I get a very similar response from both vendors. Upon asking the status i'm asked to hang on.... then the phone picks back up and coincidentally "they are being fabbed right now, should be done tomorrow." and "the shipment is getting in today, should ship tomorrow."

I work in the service industry. Perhaps it's the case, but usually it's code for "whoops we totally forgot about you but here's my lame way of trying to hide it."

I understand the frustration MC has in dealing with certain vendors. PITA to have to wait for your stuff longer than promised and then have to prod them along to complete the order.

Best part is that no time was wasted in processing payment upon order.

·
on line
400 Posts
thats the same response i got from suvxccessories when i ordered my front and rear bumper guards. The grill came on time but rear guard was MIA... after 2 weeks of hearing the same excuse of "its being powder coated" and then hearing that "its currently unavailable" pissed me off and made me cancel the order. I hate companies and their bullsh*t nonsense.

·
on line
400 Posts
AORX said:
Best part is that no time was wasted in processing payment upon order.
Oh yes and thats what pisses me off more..
hope you get your parts soon.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
This is the ugly part of being a vendor. Seems it bites them all and Our Slider man 1st. But he has done a lot to fix that as of late, just not early enough to make a difference for you. I had it out bigtime with him on this same thing, tossed Visa rules at him and all, He won, Visa Rule is, a custom made product can be charged in full when ordered and delivered when complete. (Other products they can only charge you when they ship) All I can say is, it's tough running a business, you make promises based on promises made. Anyone breaks a promise and it all rolls down hill onto customer. Jim don't like it, but it's the nature of the game. I waited 2 and 3 times the estimate way back, it was worth the wait. MC

·
on line
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like his stuff and i'm willing to wait. I just hope the system does improve. You'd think that with the amount of interest in the product it would no longer be custom fabbing.

·
on line
1,716 Posts
From what Ive heard the wait time is significantly shorter now than when I ordered mine. I waited quite a bit longer for my sliders. Hang in there Nissan parts are not the only thing that Jim fabs in his shop. He is just as frustrated about the wait time as we all are, trust me we've talked about it. The wait will be well worth it.

·
on line
384 Posts
We can see how things go with my sliders. This coming Monday will mark 2 weeks since I placed the order. At the time he thought 3-4 weeks before they would ship. As long as they are here by mid-May, I will be happy.

But I feel your pain. I have been on both sides of that fence and it sucks both ways. I think its worse on the honest vendors that just can't meet the deadline for one reason or another. Unfortunately we have gotten used to the vendors that really don't care about you and they ruin it for the good guys that really are trying to make everyone happy.

·
on line
232 Posts
I ordered everything on December 21st... skids, sliders, F&R bumpers and was told 6-8 weeks total. The skids were in stock and weren't delivered until Jan 30th (unpainted by choice). The sliders came on Feb 14th. Since I ordered so many things at once, he asked what product I would want first and he could speed it up a bit... I picked the sliders.
The rear bumper just got here on March 15th. It will still be another 2 weeks or more for the front bumper.

Yes it is very nice stuff, but it would be much better these folks under promised and over delivered. I have no problem with being told it's going to be 16 weeks if that's how long it will really take.

·
on line
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow. I now feel bad about complaining over 6 weeks. (almost 8 by the time it arrives) Im not bagging on Jim. Just venting because i'm impatient.

·
on line
1,114 Posts
Gotta be patient with the guy. He makes the best stuff and he's gettin' clobbered with orders. I'm still waiting for my rear bumper/tire carrier and I'm waiting patiently...but it's killing me :book:

·
on line
1,716 Posts
mcampana said:
I ordered everything he has a month ago, and it all shipped today?! I dont know whats happening to you guys, but my stuff was done in like 3 weeks! Go Shrockworks!
Kidding...........Im still waiting too.
Do you realize how many people just threw their computer out the window because of that?

Nicely Done!!!

·
on line
3,484 Posts
LOL That Campanna guy should have been a comedian! He's always cuttin up! LOL He about got me too! LOL

I think it will always be custom order, because you never know how many people will want it, actually pay for it. So, in order not to get stuck with product and being he has options, it has to be special order. But.... he did mention that he is looking at being able to stock some more popular things in the future.

And I wonder what all the other guys are waiting, Jeeps, Suzuki, Toy's, whatever else he makes. We all kinda only think Nissan. I bet the Jeep crowd is way larger than we?

Got to give him 100% for doing all he can to get it better.

In like 6 months people will order stuff and get it in 2 weeks and we will be telling unbelievable stories around 4 wheeling camp fires about how long we waited.

MC

·
on line
58 Posts
i was a little frustrated too - i ordered the sliders last month... like 2/15... they arrived today so not too bad. i was really anxious tho - and i know what you guys are going through... i have never even seen the shrockworks sliders personally - just bought them based on your recommendations... hopefully they are as awesome as everyone thinks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts