Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suggestion: to prevent door seals/weather stripping from freezing onto the door frame, make sure the weather stripping is clean and then spray it with liquid silicon. It helps if the area where the frame contacts the rubber is clean as well. I used to have problems with sticking weather stripping when the weather turned cold, there was a brief thaw and then a re-freeze. Now I don't.

Also, liquid graphite in lock mechanisms helps prevent freezing.

This may be old knowledge, but I didn't find it in a quick search.

Any other ideas on how to prevent sticking/frozen parts?

·
on line
4,593 Posts
Any other ideas on how to prevent sticking/frozen parts?

Don't live where the temperature drops below 32°F.

<-------- :D

·
on line
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True.

·
on line
197 Posts
Liquid silicon...sheyat, just grap the Vaseline from the bedroom, err...I mean the bathroom, and give the gaskets a nice coat of some petro jelly...kidding aside, works like a champ.

·
on line
1,618 Posts
I live in an area, that in the span of 6 months, if I see 32 degrees, I really take notice :compress:
I find that the window seals have an annoying habit of freezing up and make impossible to get a window down. The 1st time it happened, I had lit a cig, and with no way to get rid of the smoke.
I have tried using a pen to go between the molding, and that worked alright until I poked a hole in the molding. So I used my drivers license for awhile, and then found the perfect solution!
I used a cheap flexible plastic putty knife from Home Depot that I was using to apply wood filler with in some new cabinets in my kitchen. Works perfect. Put one in my wife's Versa also. Wedges in between the glass and the molding, and allows me to get all of the ice out from between them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts