Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the Frontier have the same exact exhaust as the Xterra? Size, Length, etc? I am asking cause I see Bankspower has an exhaust for the 4.0L frontier, and I was wondering if that is compatible with our trucks too?

·
on line
30 Posts
it is not a direct fit. You have to modify it a little. I run one and I like being a bit different. Plus it opens the exhaust up really well.

·
on line
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bhbeecham said:
it is not a direct fit. You have to modify it a little. I run one and I like being a bit different. Plus it opens the exhaust up really well.
what exactly did you modify if you dont mind me asking? I think someone said something about the tip having to be modified because of where it exits? Also, where did you pick up your exhaust from? Thank You

·
on line
15 Posts
also how much did it cost and also where do you feel and hear the difference in regards to the rpm's, i've heard gibson's range from 1000-3000 rpm, whereas the magnaflow above 4000 rpm

·
on line
30 Posts
I hear the difference in all RPM ranges. The engine runs different with it on. I do not have a CAI yet. Some guys think the CAI should be the first mod you do but i think the exhaust should be first especially with as big of an airbox you get factory. Also consider the crimped down Y pipe where the two pipes tie together in front of the muffler. Gained definate HP plus MPG. The banks website claims the frontier will shave off 4/10 of a second in the 1/4 mile with the exhaust installed. As far as the modification to the set up is concerned the kit comes as a bolt on. I just shortened it up in a few spots and had a local shop pipe it out the back as opposed to behind the rear tire. As far as price is concerned i picked up from the stealership i bought the x from but I know the service manager well and got a very good deal on it since it had been sitting in inventory for awhile.

·
on line
4,495 Posts
Don't get the Banks exhaust. Lots of people on ClubFrontier.org have had rattling problems with them. And don't forget X's are rear exit and Frontier's are side exit.

·
on line
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Peck said:
Don't get the Banks exhaust. Lots of people on ClubFrontier.org have had rattling problems with them. And don't forget X's are rear exit and Frontier's are side exit.
Thanks for the heads up. I was not aware of that, although my Magnaflow exhaust rattles once in a while too, kind of pisses me off, but what can you do.

·
on line
15 Posts
every thing has it's own issues. What he didnt and cant tell you is how many people on the frontier site has them and how many have actually had problems. PRG is a well recognized and well respected vendor on this site but if you look just a little bit you will find many people having problems with their product. The main factor is warranty. if only 50 people bought them and 10 had problems than it is a big issue. if 25,000 people bought them and 10 had problems than not so significant of a problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts