Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
on line
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea I know... its not an Xterra. Now that thats established :blackeye:

Here's pics of my Titan swap. I've got stock Titan UCA's and LCA's, Titan HD shocks, stock Nismo springs, PRG 2" spacer, PRG tie-rod extensions, Energy suspension bumpstops... I think thats all of it right now.

STOCK FULL DROOP ON PASS. SIDE, TITAN SWAP ON DRIVERS SIDE:

TIRES ON, JACKED UP ABOUT 8":

GLAMOUR SHOTS IN FRONT OF NISSAN PLANT:

SUSPENSION TESTING:

·
on line
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a really easy swap. Just shout if you got any questions and I might be able to help you out.

·
on line
1,284 Posts
I've seen a few people on here doing the Titan swap. My question is where are you getting the parts, straight from Nissan or from a junkyard?

Also, would the Titan UCA's take care of the bumping of stock UCA's and the coilbucket? I'm getting ready to by some new UCA's.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Probably the best place to start looking for parts would be from Greg at PRG. he has alot of customers with titans that he upgrades. So all the stock components are easy for him to obtain. As for the Titan UCAs alleviating coilbucket contact... i think they do, or at least the PRG uca's for a titan should. i dont know about the stock ones. But if you get titan UCA's you have to get titan LCA's also.

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Apologies, but I've got an off-topic question for BWarren (feel free to move, reply by PM, etc ... as needed to keep things on-track): Can you give some info on that light bar of yours? I'm thinking of basic stuff like: cost, manufacturer, ease of install (though it looks pretty straight forward) ... Thanks!

-Jonathan

Oh, and very nice looking truck, by the way. :cyclopsani: :cyclopsani:

·
on line
1,716 Posts
I don't know how often BWarren makes it over here, but I have some info on his light bar. Check out this thread and this thread on frontierboard.com . Ive asked him about the mounting points for the Xterra and he said he would check when he gets a chance. If ive missed any info I'm sure he will chime in.

·
on line
1,084 Posts
I know they recently also had a group buy for this light bar over at FB. Im not sure if it's still going on.

Is anyone informed if this will fit the X the same way it fits the Frontier?

·
on line
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've gotta remember to check an Xterra at the dealer. I checked Pathfinders, and they will fit, but the '08s are different with the new front end. Even if it doesnt bolt up to the bumper, you can bolt it to the radiator support brackets behind the bumper. This is true on the Frontiers anyway.

·
on line
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh, and check out WhiteRhinoFab.com to see the bar and the shop that made it for me.

Here's another close up of it I took:

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Thanks, all, for the info ... at Lonesome Crow's suggestion, I perused the threads on frontierboard.com. It's pretty cool to see the pics of new parts coming together ... heck, I think that may just be why I spend so much time reading threads on this board and others like it.

BWarren, do let us know what you find out ... I'm really curious, and I think there are several others here who might be as well - I know I've seen a couple of threads on bull bars, anyway.

Thanks again,

-Jonathan

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Just because I'm dumb....what did you gain from doing the swap?

·
on line
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tons of wheel travel, better turning radius, meaner looking... Did I mention extra wheel travel? :D See first picture!

·
on line
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you are 4wd, it takes a bit more work. Only difference would be swapping out the cv's for extended length axles. Also, you can't get as much lift out of the 4wd setups. With a 2wd Titan swap, its possible to get over 5" of suspension lift BEFORE adding spindles. Thats a possible 9" of pure suspension lift you can get!

·
on line
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A guy by the name of BigRiver on frontier forums has ~5.5" on his Titan swap using PRG UCA's, Titan LCA's, Titan Bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks, and a spacer. Just add a spindle lift and you've got your 9+ inches.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts