Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!

This might have been answered already, but I have a question regarding xterra and frontier front bumpers.

I have an opportunity to get a free or at the very least an extremely cheap Shrockworks Bumper off of my employers 2006 Frontier.

They will sell me, or most likely give me this bumper if my xterra's bumper will fit on the Frontier, and vice versa. I noticed the part numbers are different, but I was wondering how hard it would be to make these fit? Are they just bolt on?

Thanks for the help in Advance!

-Albert

·
Registered
98 Posts
mounting locations may be similar, you could possibly have luck getting the shrock to fit your X (fyi i have no first hand experience just going off of my general experience with nissan products), however, the xterra bumped definitely will not fit the frontier. Park them next to each other, you will see the front fascias are different in design especially around the grill.

·
on line
1,739 Posts
If the frontier shrock will fit on your X you could always offer to buy him a frontier bumper and that would be a lot cheaper than buying a new shrock for yourself

·
on line
22,508 Posts
1. The Xterra bumper will NOT did on the fronty.
2. I have seen one person mount a fronty Shrock on an X, but it required modification, and did not fit well. So it looked like poop. I don't remember the member name, but iirc, he painted his X green and yellow like a John Deere tractor.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If the frontier shrock will fit on your X you could always offer to buy him a frontier bumper and that would be a lot cheaper than buying a new shrock for yourself
That's a good idea, I wonder if anyone has managed to get a Fronty Shrokworks bumper on an X. Or how much work might be involved in getting this to work.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
1. The Xterra bumper will NOT did on the fronty.
2. I have seen one person mount a fronty Shrock on an X, but it required modification, and did not fit well. So it looked like poop. I don't remember the member name, but iirc, he painted his X green and yellow like a John Deere tractor.
Posted via Mobile Device
^^I remember this guy... X2 if your OCD because that would drive me nuts!!! However if you have garbage lying around on the floor and 5 years of dust on the dash of the X then GO FOR IT!!! (if you have a fabricator to help you)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts