Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's some pics I got of my truck today. I figured I'd go ahead and post them here too, because if you're like me, looking at Nissans never gets old!

·
on line
192 Posts
I love those trucks. It took me a long time to decide whether to get the Frontier or the Xterra, i still question which was the better choice.

·
on line
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know how you feel. Why ya think I check this forum every day... lol. The truck is a little more practical for me though, since I like to haul my dirtbike around. Can't say I wouldn't like the better breakover and departure angles of an Xterra though.

·
on line
19 Posts
Did you take the tires off when you painted the wheels? Did you prime them - or clearcoat them after? I've been looking to paint my wheels and yours look awesome.

·
on line
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've got a write-up on ClubFrontier but I'll give a mini explanation. Basically I took the tire/ wheel off the truck and taped around the rim, covering the tire. Then I sanded the wheel down and cleaned it real good. Next, I sprayed about 3 or 4 light coats, followed by one smooth final coat. Last, I sprayed 2 very light coats of Duplicolor wheel "clear". If you go too heavy on the clear it will look milky. The nissan emblem snaps onto the center cap, so just take that off when you paint, and put it back on afterwards.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts