Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been looking at the ARB Bumpers, To this date, Nothing is being built for the 2007 Xterra. For replacement of the front bumper with winch use. DRATS!!!!...

Have yet to see even a time table!!.. Grrrrrrrrr

What else is out there?? that will work for stock Xterra & a 7.5 TI Warn Winch?.

had to ask... winter is coming really SOON!!!... gonna need my winch on the X-box soon.

·
on line
95 Posts
Agreed. I've been looking too - with no luck.
:banghead:

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Would that fit on a Shrock bumper?

As far as ARB...I've seen their first gen stuff and lifted their first gen stuff...not worth the money if you ask me.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
7.5 Ti? you mean 9.5Ti right?

Shrockworks and Calmini are the only two companies currently making winch bumpers for the 05+ Xterra.

·
on line
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Muzikman said:
7.5 Ti? you mean 9.5Ti right?

Shrockworks and Calmini are the only two companies currently making winch bumpers for the 05+ Xterra.
OOP's MY Bad... your correct.. 9.5 ti

looks like Shrocks is the better product. Does mean the Stock set up will not work with the shrocks?. Adding winch & cable adds lots of weight up front.

Just need to see one up close, in person..

·
on line
2,540 Posts
Chug said:
been looking at the ARB Bumpers, To this date, Nothing is being built for the 2007 Xterra. For replacement of the front bumper with winch use. DRATS!!!!...

Have yet to see even a time table!!.. Grrrrrrrrr

What else is out there?? that will work for stock Xterra & a 7.5 TI Warn Winch?.

had to ask... winter is coming really SOON!!!... gonna need my winch on the X-box soon.
Have you emailed them pressing the issue? I do about once a month. :)

·
on line
2,459 Posts
hattrik21 said:
cornick said:
Would that fit on a Shrockworks bumper?

As far as ARB...I've seen their first gen stuff and lifted their first gen stuff...not worth the money if you ask me.
Why do you say that? I had one on my 02 and loved it.
Saw one on an 02 and was very disappointed in how flimsy it was.

·
on line
95 Posts
I wish I could see one too. I'm going to try and make it up to **** Creek in in two weeks to see a couple of rigs. Maybe I'll get a chance to see it up close. (I'm previously comitted but if it falls through I'll be there for sure - it's only 50 miles for me!)

I like them all for the obvious reasons, and dislike them all for various reasons. All of which have been dicussed on this and other threads.

I'll choose Shrock before Calmini for sure, but I still think the Shrock is too 'high' in the front for me. I do more asphalt than dirt driving so I'd like more protection in the front for high speed hazzards (like truck tires, fenders, etc.). You just won't beleive what we have to dodge around here - and big shield is really what I'm looking for...

And honestly, I don't need such a steep approach angle.

We'll give it until the end of the year, then we'll decide. I'm looking at three different $1000+ mods and need to decide which one to do this year.. I certainly can't afford them all!!!!

Mike

·
on line
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is one main part that is holding me back, Need to crawl under one to see what they look like & feel.

looks like they will smash deer good, plus I am like am like speedy_parker, most is Pavement driving. But, I also do Search & Rescue in the woods.

just do not have the funds to buy bumper & lift... It's one only... IF it works?

good info, thx

·
on line
2,540 Posts
OK just so we don't get in a mine is better battle how about this? Since we all wish there was more stuff for the 05+ Xterra's, everyone if you have time email them asking when one might be available. They only seem to want to move their feet if they think there is a high demand for it. If no one emails or asks one won't be built or won't be for yet another year.

·
on line
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep, I sent them a few e-mails for dates. or time frame..

Last I heard was Nothing is being curretly planned. Grrrrrrrrr..

One factor, SHrocks are made in USA... I have not found where ARBs are made.. Looks like Aussy. could be reason no demand.

Wish more were out there... LOOks like my choices are just one.. Shrocks only, Least when I am Search & the media shows up... They have something to show on TV.

·
on line
2,540 Posts
They actually have one that I think would fit for the 05+ Austrailan version of the Pathy and Frontier but they say since the US has the crumple zones it might conflict with that and/or won't line up right but I couldn't get anyone to send me mounting instructions to even look.

Last I heard they had plans for R&D for one this fall but we'll see.

·
on line
641 Posts
cornick said:
Would that fit on a Shrockworks bumper?
Chug was given info about the 9.5Ti fitting into a Shrock bumper back in May. Maybe he followed up and found it doesn't fit?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts