Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Who would buy a Driver-side front tow hook and/or replacement for the passenger side (if offered) ?

• Front Passenger-side replacement Only

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a driver-side front tow hook. I dont have the money for a front bumper and prolly never will but would be interested in another tow hook if ShrockWorks offered them... Anyone else?

·
on line
384 Posts
As far as I'm concerned, it would not even have to be a hook. If there was a point that you could mount a shackle to it if you needed it, that would work.

·
on line
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agreed!!! Just anything we can easily bolt something into!

·
on line
1,340 Posts

·
on line
3,218 Posts
Uhh, Mike. You know those are just tie downs for when the truck was transported, right? Those aren't really recovery points.. I'm guessing you did get away with using them however, getting snatched?

·
on line
1,340 Posts
Uhh, Mike. You know those are just tie downs for when the truck was transported, right? Those aren't really recovery points.. I'm guessing you did get away with using them however, getting snatched?
DBAX we can't be talking about the same thing.

·
Super Moderator
2,600 Posts
Doh! I did not know that. I got that idea from xterraparts.com, believe it or not. The link isn't up there any more, but they used to sell shackles, and showed that exact spot on the frame, and said the holes needed to be widened. Yes, I actually did use them a few times without any problems.

·
on line
137 Posts
LOL! you really need to start check over that club frontier. The NISMO shop has had the driver's side hook for a few weeks.
http://www.thenismoshop.com/ikorb.php?func=catalog&category_id=1845&product_id=12983
So would you be able to add this to the driver's side front as well as either rear (ordering the correct side, of course)?

And is this just bolt-on? I'm pretty sure it is from reading, but wanted to confirm. This is a much cheaper option for a rear recovery point than a tow hitch with shackle.

·
on line
1,340 Posts
Yes the driver's side tow hook bolts right up.

As for the rear, I don't know if the hook will set low enough on the X but the tow hook will blot up where the tow hitch mounts are.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts