Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

With a Shrokworks front bumper, does your front swaybar bushings look like the photos below?

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
on line
1,113 Posts
i dont have a shrockworks but after 33,000 miles thats exactly what mine look like i got energy suspension 1 1/4 poly bushing and it fixed that knock. The only thing is that i had to reuse the old bracket cause with the new one i would have to drill bigger holes and i didnt want to make it more than a 10 minute project.

·
on line
7,135 Posts
So yeah, if anyone wants a brand new set of those Titan poly sway bar bushings Mark and I were referencing make me an offer. I doubt I will ever put them on.
ship em to me for $15. I can PP you the moola or send a check.
My bushings look like crap after only 9K

·
on line
14,613 Posts
Back from the dead also note some thread writers called diameter 32 when it seems to be 34mm

Seems to be a few bucks off for a summer sale.

http://www.suspensionconnection.com/

The part number for the titan poly bushings is 14-1123.

·
Registered
51 Posts

Piece of crap! (yes thats a shrock bumper/skidplate)

Clunk is bad!! Worsening by the day. Whole damn truck feels weird making a sharp turn with a clunk and small jolt. Replaced one bushing 2 months ago (Don't ask.). Resolved for a few weeks and it started going again. They were the plain rubber replacements though. Will try these poly ones. Waiting for them to correct the 10 lb nonsense... The Skid plate attachment doesn't allow the regular bushings to completely encapsulate the sway bar. Even when installed new it looks like a squished C clamp instead of surrounding it as it's supposed to. So pretty much it wears out extra fast. Seems like we need one with more diameter?

Any luck Chris? I was planning on calling this week.

·
Registered
598 Posts

Piece of crap! (yes thats a shrock bumper/skidplate)

Been clunkin. Replaced one bushing 2 months ago (Don't ask.). Resolved for a few weeks and it started going again. They were the plain rubber replacements though. Will try these poly ones. Waiting for them to correct the 10 lb nonsense... The Skid plate attachment doesn't allow the regular bushings to completely encapsulate the sway bar. Even when installed new it looks like a squished C clamp instead of surrounding it as it's supposed to. So pretty much it wears out extra fast. Seems like we need one with more diameter?

Any luck Chris? I was planning on calling this week.
some people still reported problems with the poly bushings, its because of the location of the opening, the dealer can supply you with a fix here is a link to the solution if you don't want poly bushings. read post #38

http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9799

21 - 40 of 41 Posts