Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It probably has nothing to do with the Radflos or TC UCAs but I am getting a knocking sound from the front end as I make slight turns and pot holes..

I'm thinking it's the front sway bar that doing this because I checked all the bolts again on my Rad and UCA install.

I checked the sway bar and the bolts are tight but that doesn't mean that it's not the problem.

Of course I won't see my X for another week so I can't take pics of what everything looks like. Just seeing if any of you have had this knocking yet

Thanks

DaveP

·
on line
735 Posts
one of my struts is blown out a bit..it clunks on extension when a bump is hit with the weight off that side (like going around a corner and hitting a pot hole or speed bump on the inside tire).

·
on line
1,831 Posts
XterraVT, I just had to remedy the same problem. It's one of two things that's causing the clunk. Either the heim joint on one of your shockmounts is slipping and the bolt needs to be tightened, or you need to tighten your UCA bolts.

I recently replaced my UCA hardware to longer grade 8 bolts, locking washers, and squash-lock-nuts. My clunk went away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts