Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, been searching around and can't find a solution, though it's probably right in front of me and I'm just not seeing it.

I pulled out the front speaker and it has this white clip which connects the speaker to the wiring harness in the door. I'm looking for a way to remove that white clip and place it on the new aftermarket speaker and I'm not coming up with a solution. The only thing I can think of is stripping the wiring on the door and soldering the wires to the speaker, but if you guy know of an easier solution I'd love to here it

[/IMG]

·
Registered
822 Posts
I usually just hack the connectors off and use aftermarket. If you wanted the harness still maybe just solder in some jump wires from new speaker tabs to stock speaker harness tabs. Then youd have the harness still. Not the greatest solution but aftermarket speakers weren't designed to need that connector.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Not worth the effort, just another connection. I cut the plug off and put female spade ends directly on the factory wires, if they are not long enough you can add a little wire using crimp caps. Crimp caps are the best connection to extend wires because you directly twist the wire together, using the crimp just to hold the twist. This means wire-to-wire signal path, instead of butt connectors or speaker wire pigtails.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts