Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
on line
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i recieved the Top Gun Customz front spacers, reviewed the directions a few times (so i would not have to refer back to them), took the drivers side apart and started installing the spacer. It says in the instructions to use the factory nuts to mount the spacer to the strut. Well, they dont fit. With it being a washer head nut, the holes are to close to the center support and they hit.
Has anyone else experienced this problem?
I put the front end back together again, as this is my only vehicle and I will have to go to Home Depot and buy nuts and lock washers to mount it. Damn this sucks!! :banghead:

·
on line
807 Posts
sorry to hear you are having problems, thats why I went with PRG, tried and true.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
OH CRAP! Another thing we forgot to mention! I'll blame that on Mcampana! Yea, we had same problem, The Vendor says that but they don't realize factory nut has a shoulder on it and WILL NOT fit. We went to hardware store and bought six that fit, take the shock and put 6 on it, it's a weird metric size I think M10 X 1.25? Get a Grade 5 at least. Tighten it with a wrench, check after 200 miles. Another case yet, where no one says anything to vendor, and next person has the same problem. So, I am not Vendor bashing, but you all get the idea. Everyone that had the problem, contact Vendor and let em know so they can fix it. Mark! Get cracking! (he did it, I watched!) And Turtle stole his Nuts!

Here is what it looks like installed, you can see both sets of nuts I think we saved factory nuts in a bag in case Mark lost his nuts, = spare parts.

Mark, back me up here!

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Now that is ODD, ours would not turn on the bottom. Not even a chance. They still need to know, there is a variance. Crap I hate when the factory does that! Like the Fog Light Stalk being different from 06 to 07 Why? Thanks though, that Vendor is off the hook for a while, honest mistake, they can fix by shipping all with the smaller nuts though. Solved! MC

·
on line
13,466 Posts
Yeah, its really isnt a big deal. So you have tp spend an extra buck on six nuts. It is just nice to know before hand. I think we should make a "sticky" out of the top gun spacers. They are inexpensive and have a LIFTEIME WARRENTY. Do the prg spacers have that? Im not prg bashing. But dont go bashing my spacers!

Too bad you cant go to the hardware store with your shock/coil in hand. Its way easier to get the right stuff that way. And ill call top gun and let em know they should probably ship some nuts with the spacers just in case. Its not like its a cost thing! Nuts are cheap.

·
on line
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You're right MC it is M10x1.25 strange size. Home Depot had the nuts but were way to big. 17mm head, and that wouldnt fit with the spacer. Went to AutoZone and got em package of 3 for $1.60sumtin. a little pricey but i need em. I tried callin Top Gun but they are closed... im on pacific time. i will be calling them tomorrow morning and letting them know what happened. 6 nuts included with the spacers would be nice and that doesnt cost them but a few pennies.

·
on line
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they are very nice spacers, and i know that they can handle the abuse of off-road. i have driven a few frontiers with these installed.
AC shackles are going in the rear. its a simple lift, at least it was suppose to be!

·
on line
1,618 Posts
Thanks for the heads up!!! It will be a little while 'til I do this mod, hopefully they will have it fixed by then. There's nothing I hate worse than having to take a trip to the parts store mid-project! I visit my local Polaris dealership at least 3 times to get the right part whenever I work on my 'wheeler. Again, thanks!!

·
on line
131 Posts
xterrock said:
I got the same spacers. The lower nuts are the factory ones. On top are the
nuts that came with the spacer.

Same here. Same spacers, and the factory nuts worked just fine.

·
on line
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hmm... the factory nuts were hitting the center support on mine, but on yours they look just fine! design flaw???

·
on line
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well i finished my lift a few hours ago. what fun! my hands are still cold i can barely type. it looks nice, i like it. tomorrow i will get it aligned, and no i do no need the cam bolts... mine came with em :cheers:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts