Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey haven't had much luck in a couple of days searching for PRO4X front shock take-offs, so my back up plan is a couple of new factory spec Bilstien front shocks off Amazon for only $67 w/ free shipping which seems pretty good. My question is I also found the mounting plate kit with the new rubber mount for like $14 on ebay through some Nissan dealer, and am thinking its probably a good idea to install that also?

When you all have been due for new shocks, is that rubber mount just shot usually? I figure that's probably a safe route to go for piece of mind and not much extra $$$.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I have a set of 2008 offroad coilover assemblies for $50 plus shipping. Prolly like 70 k on em. No leaks or anything. I got the truck last April. Nothing wrong with them just upgraded to a lift. Let me know if you are interested. Includes upper hardware. Re-use your lower hardware

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Drewbie, I appreciate the offer, but I'm just leery about putting shocks under it that have more miles than the ones that are blown out. I only have 66k on these ones! I'm gonna do the work, I want to put something that I know will last for at least a few years.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I have stock s model fronts minus springs that have about 33k on them. I tried selling them before but no luck. $50 shipped.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Then what are you waiting for? Get the bils, get the top mounts, install...lol
LOL I'm about to go that way but if I can pick up the assemblies for under 130 and get newer front springs, I feel its worth it. Plus i'm trying to save every dollar since I just outlaid a bunch of money buying the thing, and now i'm stuffing $400-500-ish into it right away, after Christmas with 2 kids!, wah wah wah.... Money's tight and since i'm not going big right now, just trying to make it smooth and safe for a while, something the stealership should have done!

·
Registered
44 Posts
just bought new bilsteins and UCAs for my X...now just waiting for a weekend and partner to get it installed. Do you have a lift or just wanting to install new struts?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't have a lift, the front shocks are blown out and leaking bad. So just looking to replace with something safe that will restore the factory handling.

21SF I'm sending around $400-500 getting everything up to snuff. that's going to be my out of pocket for the T-chain, Front & Rear Shocks, front way bar bushings, brake fluid flush and coolant flush. Just trying to get the cost down as low as possible...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts