Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
on line
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone else having issues with the back of the front passenger seat popping off? just noticed it today but it appears that the lower left corner is under too much stress with a passenger sitting in the seat to remain attached... this sucks but i'm sure it can be warrantied. no doubt it will take 7 tries and countless days in the shop...

·
on line
114 Posts
That's not normal, sounds like the bolt is stripped or loose. I would suggest pulling the trim off and see if you can diagnose the issue.

·
on line
559 Posts
Take it to a dealer. In my experience with car audio, when you pull that back panel off it's not always so easy to put it back on. Let it be someone else's responsibility.

·
on line
615 Posts
calijetfxr said:
anyone else having issues with the back of the front passenger seat popping off? just noticed it today but it appears that the lower left corner is under too much stress with a passenger sitting in the seat to remain attached... this sucks but i'm sure it can be warrantied. no doubt it will take 7 tries and countless days in the shop...
do you have an 07? Mine did the exact same thing with the same stress point....those damn little white tabs....and took me and a friend (a mechanical engineering major at NCSU) about 30 min to get it back in and it came of again about 2 weeks later.

·
on line
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its an 06. And on mine it isn't the white thingy but the piece the white thingy seats into. The dealredgio said I need to leave it with them for a few hour so they can figure out what they need to order... Here we go!

·
on line
1,792 Posts
mcampana said:
Hey, your not like a "bigger" person are you? I could see seats busting apart if your on the heavier side.
My friend's in the low to mid 300s in his boxers and could roll the X with his bare hands. He's logged thousands of miles in my passenger seat without issue.

I say take it to the dealer and let them replace the whole thing if necessary.

·
on line
615 Posts
pavementSucks said:
santacruzed nice disc golf disc. i just went disc golfing.
thanks...buckeye too (although we will refrain from getting into the choice of schools arguement :cyclopsani: ) its an Innova champion sidewinder.....

MC, the heaviest person that has been riding in it was just below 200....the only thing i can think of other than the tab just being defective is blaring the woofer.....?¿

·
on line
19 Posts
My passenger seat has been like that since the first week I owned my 07... I am pretty sure my buddy kicked or got his shoe caught on the lower conner of the panel... My tabs and plastic hardware are all bent and cracking...

Im too lazy to take it to the dealership....

·
on line
152 Posts
I have the same problem. The dealer replaced it when i bought my X then about a 2 months later it fell of again so i went back and they ordered a whole new back. Three weeks later when it conveniently came in they put it on and its been on for a month now without coming off. I have a strong feeling its going to happen again though because that bottom left corner sticks out a little but im afraid to even touch it because i know it will fall off. Ill wait for one of my buddys to kick it off and act like they broke something and get a free beer or two out of it.

If it actually does happens again im going to glue or tape that tab onto the seat back so it cant slide out then spend 30 min myself trying to put the PITA thing back on.

Those little things are starting to add up. My drivers side middle body mount wont stop squeaking and its driving me nuts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts