Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Xterra "Beaver"
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here is my first project and how it went

I work in a metal working shop. I have access to some CAD software. So that is where it all started. I measure the OEM one and redone it in the software. Then, I printed it on paper and checked for fitment:
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
Wood Finger Stairs Creative arts Art

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Plant Automotive tire

Afther some small adjustment, here here the final result. Welded 50w 1/2 thick steel:
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Trunk Bumper

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Plant Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Xterra "Beaver"
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow those came out really nice man are you gonna make more?
COVID hits hard on the supply chain. I can not produce more as I dont have spare material to make them. I may open an etsy shop or something so I can sell the plan to whoever wants it of the demands there

·
on line
312 Posts
COVID hits hard on the supply chain. I can not produce more as I dont have spare material to make them. I may open an etsy shop or something so I can sell the plan to whoever wants it of the demands there
As far as I know, there's only one other workable solution for front factory recovery points. That's the ones for the 80/100 series Landcruisers that apparently fit on Xterras, you can get them from Ironman 4x4. I think you'd be able to sell a few of these if you could get the material.

·
Registered
2013 Xterra "Beaver"
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As far as I know, there's only one other workable solution for front factory recovery points. That's the ones for the 80/100 series Landcruisers that apparently fit on Xterras, you can get them from Ironman 4x4. I think you'd be able to sell a few of these if you could get the material.
Yeah, pretty sure I could. The issue now is material sadly. I will check out etsy to know if I can sell the plan there and then every welder will be able to make it for you. I am not sure on price for the plan but it should not be that high. I mean you would still have to pay a guy to make them so...

I am open to price suggestions. I just need to check out what etsy would fee me for a transaction.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
The only ones I know of are from RockyMtnX, but not sure on if they're still in production....

·
Registered
2013 Xterra "Beaver"
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The only ones I know of are from RockyMtnX, but not sure on if they're still in production....
I saw those and used the pictures as inspiration. What I dont like about them is there are a lot of leverage from the bolt holes to the actual point of recovery. I wanted mine as short as possible and as inward as possible. I could not get my hands on 1/2" angle iron but that could be a way to do them at home with only a grinder and a drill.

·
Registered
09, lifted, 33's
209 Posts
good job on this. for reference, i have the P&P one purchased through Nisstec (and shipped it to PA within 3 business days). i had to cut the silver plastic part of the bumper up to the first bend in order to use it without ripping the bumper off. i did not mind trimming but someone with a newer truck may not want to.

·
Registered
2013 Xterra "Beaver"
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
good job on this. for reference, i have the P&P one purchased through Nisstec (and shipped it to PA within 3 business days). i had to cut the silver plastic part of the bumper up to the first bend in order to use it without ripping the bumper off. i did not mind trimming but someone with a newer truck may not want to.
Mine are the same lenght as the factory one. Depending on incline, you may have to cut but they should be ok for most stuff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts