Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried this camera. If so, how was the fit?

·
Registered
6 inch suspension lift with 33" tires and ShockWorks front bumper, sliders, and skid plates.s.
335 Posts
I love the design - it seamlessly integrates into the Nissan emblem.

I have a Kenwood DMX4707S stereo with a CrimeStopper CAM-300 rear camera. I am very happy with this set-up. If possible, I would love to add a NISSAN Front Logo Embedded Night Vision 170 Wide Degree camera to use when an off-road spotter is not available.

Can anyone offer an opinion regarding this, or any other front camera, for off-roading uses?

·
Registered
Midnight Blue 2007 X
788 Posts
Intersiting camera... hard to say what is the video resolution only... could be 720p for all we know.. but need to add this to my list for my future project

·
Registered
6 inch suspension lift with 33" tires and ShockWorks front bumper, sliders, and skid plates.s.
335 Posts
Intersiting camera... hard to say what is the video resolution only... could be 720p for all we know.. but need to add this to my list for my future project
Hey Sturm,

I don't want a front camera for recording purpose. Therefore, I am not concerned about resolution. I just want to see rocks below the X's high hood.

I know you are a techie. Do you have any recommendations?

·
Registered
Midnight Blue 2007 X
788 Posts
Hey Sturm,

I don't want a front camera for recording purpose. Therefore, I am not concerned about resolution. I just want to see rocks below the X's high hood.

I know you are a techie. Do you have any recommendations?
Ah I see what you mean ))

In that case I believe that emblem camera would not work well for that propose ether as its only will see what's in front of the truck.. I mean it might be good to see that as well but if you want to see whats happening under the truck camera like this I believe would be better https://amzn.to/3xQDRt4
could be mounted under the truck to see how far to rocks you are where the rucks and stuff like that its a wide angle as well so center located it would catch everything.
However... by the looks of it your system has only input for 1 camera and that is already been occupied by the receive camera so it not going to work unless you do some changed ether add new screen for just that new camera that you would like to add

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'm shopping around. Does a 135 deg wide angle used as front camera usable? Wonder if this is a too cheap of unit to even try out:

Suggest other simple options? Thanks

·
Registered
523 Posts
This is the camera I use for the front and specifically for off-roading. I kept the lines so I know where my tires track. The bumper mouth for me is perfect position. Just outside the lines are my tires. Anything between passes under the truck. Works especially well for those moments going over a hard hill crest.

PARKVISION Smart Reverse Backup... Amazon.com: PARKVISION Smart Reverse Backup Camera,One-Key to Reverse/Shift Image Horizontally&Vertically,Mounting at Off-Center Position Allowed,4 Parking Lines Settable,5 Levels Brightness Adjustment,12V-24V: Car Electronics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
311 Posts
This is the camera I use for the front and specifically for off-roading. I kept the lines so I know where my tires track. The bumper mouth for me is perfect position. Just outside the lines are my tires. Anything between passes under the truck. Works especially well for those moments going over a hard hill crest.

PARKVISION Smart Reverse Backup... Amazon.com: PARKVISION Smart Reverse Backup Camera,One-Key to Reverse/Shift Image Horizontally&Vertically,Mounting at Off-Center Position Allowed,4 Parking Lines Settable,5 Levels Brightness Adjustment,12V-24V: Car Electronics

Does it have the option of removing the guide lines? Looks like a good unit, although not avail right now at Amazon :(

·
Registered
523 Posts
Does it have the option of removing the guide lines? Looks like a good unit, although not avail right now at Amazon :(
Yes. Theres a remote (that I didn’t need) that you plug into the feed so you can change whether or not the lines show, the image centers and the image mirrors. I also have a similar and cheaper one in the rear that simply uses loop wires that you cut to remove the lines or reverse the image. I had to cut the image loop on the rear camera to fix the image. The front was perfect for me without any adjustments. I’d say that the simpler one with loops would work for the front too to correct anything you need. I chose the parkview because I had the flexibility and a lower sensitivity for light. I tried the rear in the front as a test and the video was washed out I found that placement and wiring connection were the key for good functionality.

·
Registered
523 Posts

Here's a pic on how the camera wires up. the little remote lets you modify different aspects of what the camera displays on screen. Then just unplug the remote button and the settings are locked. I paid $37 on Amazon for it a year ago. Even though it's unavailable now, I'm sure there are others out there like it just as good compared to how mine works. I have one piece of advice for anyone reading this and looking into these. I first tried wireless ones and failed 3 times with different manufacturers. They all suffered excessive interference from the vehicle. I may have had issues due to my Pioneer head unit and not the truck, but I couldnt get away from it. It's more of a pain in the @$$ to install, but get a wired one, and STAY AWAY from factory wiring as much as possible. That messes with the video signal too, just like it does with audio. I kept everything running in a loom under the truck along the frame into the engine bay and through the firewall grommet. No drilling involved. I filled up the swear jar when I got done but happy in the end. Still working on recording ability.

There's one on fleabay that I think is the same unit, but I can't find my original box to confirm model#

·
Registered
2011 XTerra S Metallic Green
104 Posts
It is interesting that Canada Amazon doesn't tell about company selling this stuff but on US site it is

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Detailed Seller Information
  • Business Name:Shenzhenshi Lezhilexing shumakeji youxiangongsi
  • Business Address:
    • 8N xiangyage xiangmisancun 30hao jingtiannan sijie
    • zijinshequ lianhuajiedao futian district
    • shenzhen
    • guangdong
    • CN
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I am really fed up with knock offs. I saw that junk in Russia over 20 years ago sipping from China and quality dropped significantly in the past 20 years in US products. And of cause nobody talks about Shenzhen human rights abuse situation.
I totally understand one wants to save money but ... my two bits.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts