Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Everyone -

Just a heads-up, if any NORAC folks decide to get an ARB locker for their r180 or m205 front differentials, I'll be happy to help with install. Both diffs require special tools to get the job done, but having now done both on my rig, I've collected all the necessary goodies.

As N.Y.X. pointed out in another thread, front ARB installs can run several hundred $$ if you have a shop do it. It's not difficult to do if you have the right gear in your garage - so bring your install to me, we'll do it together and it'll cost you one 12-pack of good IPA :drink:

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Indeed ... and a rear, and gears. Been debating paying to get it all done, or ponying up to buy the tools and do it myself ... but if you have the tools, and can make sure I don't screw something up, that's an attractive option, too.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
IPA. Brewed by the English for the long voyages at sea. They used extra hops to help preserve the beer for the trip. Became very popular with the East India Trading Company. Hence the name India Pale Ale. That's one theory at least. One of my favorites is Hoptical Illusion.

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Which IPA is "best" is a subject of endless debate ... and we have a whole other thread for that. "What are you drinking now" ...
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I don't have any lockers or gears to install, but I'd be willing to make the trip down to Castle rock to learn/help, and to help drink some beer :D.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Indeed ... and a rear, and gears. Been debating paying to get it all done, or ponying up to buy the tools and do it myself ... but if you have the tools, and can make sure I don't screw something up, that's an attractive option, too.
Posted via Mobile Device
I haven't done a rear or gears. You might want to leave the gearing to Cyclemut (he's a pro) - gearing doesn't seem like a good "learn as we go" project :iconbiggrin:

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Fair enough ... you *did* say front installs ... it's not imminent, at any rate, so at least I've got that going for me while I figure things out.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
22,508 Posts
Hey, Everyone -

Just a heads-up, if any NORAC folks decide to get an ARB locker for their r180 or m205 front differentials, I'll be happy to help with install. Both diffs require special tools to get the job done, but having now done both on my rig, I've collected all the necessary goodies.

As N.Y.X. pointed out in another thread, front ARB installs can run several hundred $$ if you have a shop do it. It's not difficult to do if you have the right gear in your garage - so bring your install to me, we'll do it together and it'll cost you one 12-pack of good IPA :drink:
I haven't done a rear or gears. You might want to leave the gearing to Cyclemut (he's a pro) - gearing doesn't seem like a good "learn as we go" project :iconbiggrin:
Also you said you've done both front and rear, then later said you've only done front. :scratch: :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Also you said you've done both front and rear, then later said you've only done front. :scratch: :dontknow:
I can see how that might be confusing... Sorry. When I said I've done both, I meant I've done installs on both the r180 and the m205. So, I have done both the stock and the Titan front diffs.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Of course, the rear locker can't be that different from the front. I'm sure we could get it done with a minimum of hassle. As for the gears, I intend to re-gear when I go to 35's, so what the hell - let's do yours first and I'll learn from our mistakes before I do mine :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts