Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if I can just buy the plastic nut pieces that hold the front license plate assembly in place? On my initial install, one would not install correctly and now my other is stripped so the air pressure from driving is currently holding it on, barely. I am trying to avoid buying an entire new assembly.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Don't know what year u have but when I installed a plate mount on my 2012 it seemed flimsy as well. It wasn't until I took the bumper off to install my shrocks that I noticed there is a reinforced area on the backside of the bumper that the screws are supposed to install through and I missed the holes when I drilled through the front of the bumper. Might be a PITA but u could always take the bumper face off to ensure you get it mounted correctly.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
4,593 Posts
My local Ace Hardware (and Lowes) has that plastic part.

It doesn't say "nissan" or "jegs" or "jcwhitney" on it, but it works.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You'll have to excuse my silly question but I just got an Xterra and the holes in my license plate don't match up with the 2 holes in the front of my Xterra. Do I just need to purchase some sort of frame/holder?

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
You'll have to excuse my silly question but I just got an Xterra and the holes in my license plate don't match up with the 2 holes in the front of my Xterra. Do I just need to purchase some sort of frame/holder?
If you don't have the contoured license plate holder on the front bumper, then yes you have to buy it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts