Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My recently installed Old Man Emu kit has a mild squeak from the Front Leaf Spring Mount. There seems to be a good amount of grease in it, tried with less torque on the bolt. Still squeaking, it's not to bad, but if there is easy ways to fix/reduce I'll do it.

Tips, suggestions welcome!

Tx
Bas

·
on line
2,362 Posts
poly or rubber bushing?

Is it the bushing or the leaves rubbing each other?

·
on line
496 Posts
I have exactly same problem, with OME poly bushing, and fully greased, and still doing it. Could not use the factory rubber bushing, as it's part of the leaf and cannot be romoved.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@early2010: It's the OMESB100 bushings, poly. It's the bushing rubbing

@Zeiter: Somebody did the install for me, are you saying the leaf packs came with the bushings in them, and that the OMESB100 bushings are not used/needed. They seem to be two halves and a metal sleeve

TX!

·
on line
386 Posts
I used silicon grease on the poly bushings when I installed my OME leaf springs 2 months ago and so far not 1 squeak.

·
on line
496 Posts
@early2010: It's the OMESB100 bushings, poly. It's the bushing rubbing

@Zeiter: Somebody did the install for me, are you saying the leaf packs came with the bushings in them, and that the OMESB100 bushings are not used/needed. They seem to be two halves and a metal sleeve

TX!
The OME bushings come separate, but you need them ( or some other similar bushing )to install their leaf pack , which does not include any bushing. Factory leaf packs include the bushings as integral part of them, but only on the front side of the leaf packs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts