Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to clarify, am I reading it right that the front eye bushings on the leaf springs are integrated into the stock spring and aren’t replaceable? Read a thread saying they melted out the front bushing to put in aftermarket bushings and they were too big due to the original outer metal sleeve still in the eye.

If that’s the case, even more excuse to get new springs anyway since it’s almost got 170k and I’m in the process of replacing a whole bunch of stuff with rubber that 13 years of AZ heat has dried and hardened.

Currently running stock springs w/AAL and adjustable shackles set at max height. Been planning on dropping it down one notch to even out the rake a bit but if I’m gonna be replacing springs and/or bushings it can wait. Spacer lift up front with SPC UCAs and just replaced the front Bil 4600s with new 4600s and new shock mount, sleeves, spring isolators, and bushings.

I’m eyeballing the General Spring HD set and getting new poly upper/lower shackle bushings to go with it and just adjusting the height to what I need with my adjustable shackle.

Sound like a decent plan? Would the General Spring HDs be similar in ride to the stocks with AAL? I’m not super worried about the HD springs being too stiff, with the lift and no sway bars front or rear, stiff will probably be better to cut down on some body roll on turns. And weekends always have two adults, two kids, and either fishing or camping gear or both.

Pics of the new front rubber and a non-legible ancient AZXC sticker just for fun... 😉

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Or another option would be the OME springs without the extra HD leaf since they’re already rated for a little more weight for about the same price as the General Spring HDs. After shipping and bushings and U-bolts would probably be about the same price... 🤔

·
Registered
130 Posts
WHen i replaced my Originals last week, the front eye bushing was definitely integrated into the eye.
My new leaf packs (alldogs offroad) also had the bushing integrated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts