Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

The response was not that quick this time. I assume that the comany, mad4wd.com was contacted by a guy that had been in contact with me earlier.

We might have a look at making the diffs in larger number, it will always be hard for AT making these parts for a market that we are not working on.

What quantity do you think is realistic? About not fitting the gears and the lockers this can be a problem as it is possible to mess up the installation and blame the parts. But that is something that we can have a look at. Also for the gears, as far as I know the only gears for the rear diff are the ones that we offer. But I havent looked around lately.

Best regards

Hinrik

Derrick,

I was just looking around on the Nissan forums. It seems that there is a lot of speculations over the diffs in the USA and Kanada.

If you can gather a group that want the diffs I will have a look at it.

About the gearing, the gears available, are 4.10, 4,56 and possibly something else, it is also available with 3... something. I´m not sure as I havent looked for it. The rear is more of a problem than the D44 front.

It is very interesting that no one in the US has solved this, or offer any real parts for it.

Hinrik

·
on line
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Guys,

Here is Hinrik's email address [email protected] give him your ideas and feedback. This is your best bet and solving your front diff and gearing issues. I suggested he get in touch with 4 Wheel Drive and Sport Utility Magazine and give them a hand with Project X-Blade. If that's a go, you'll all know what's directly involved in getting this to work.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Man.... My only concern is that I have the C200 rear end. It seems that companys are only willing to look at the X's with the M226 rear end. I would be more than glad to bomb this guy with emails if I thought he would consider regearing the C200s.

I guess I could shoot him an email and ask him.

·
on line
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They manufacture gears for the m226. I'm sure you get find one in the junk yard for a decent price and arb is comming out with a locker or you can go with the detroit true trac.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Well I wonder how easy it would be to swap out the M226 (non OR) rear end for my C200???? It may be worth it to go find a junker.... but how hard would that be?!?!?!?

But really swapping out my axle for another factory Xterra axle doesnt seem that appealing. If I could find gears for the front then I could swap out the rear for something much better that another company has gears for already....

Shoot i donno!?!??!?!? :dontknow:

·
on line
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you get the m226 and then buy the arb air locker when it comes out, I think you'll have a fairly stout piece in the back. You can go with the m226 gears from arctic trucks I believe they make 4.10 and 4.56 ratios. Also the 08 pro 4x has the m226 with an e locker. I wonder if the carrier is better constucted than the ones used in the xterra and frontier, mind you it would more than likely be more expensive than the arb unit when it comes available.

·
on line
735 Posts
If somebody made a 3.70 and a 4.10 for the titan/v8 pathfinder front diff, then we'd have a good oem swap.

·
on line
1,340 Posts
mike100 said:
If somebody made a 3.70 and a 4.10 for the titan/v8 pathfinder front diff, then we'd have a good oem swap.
The fornt diff on the Titan is not the same as the Pathfinder.

·
on line
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think the Titan diff is too wide for our application without going with titan suspension components in order to widen the front tack, otherwise the cv angles would be too extreme.

·
on line
4,495 Posts
The M205 diff is wider and I believe a little more centered than the R180A, but its been done. A guy swapped in a M205 on his Frontier and has kept stock (if not slightly wider) track width. So its possible...how? He hasn't said.

Oh and Eddie, I don't think swapping in a X M226 would be all that hard. The pinion flanges might be different, but don't quote me on that. Now if you got one from a Frontier it'll be slightly more work since you'd have to weld in new spring perches. Problem is finding one for sale.....

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Peck said:
The M205 diff is wider and I believe a little more centered than the R180A, but its been done. A guy swapped in a M205 on his Frontier and has kept stock (if not slightly wider) track width. So its possible...how? He hasn't said.
The V8 Pathy has special (and I take that to mean "shorter") CV shafts that bolt up to the M205 that will also allow you to keep the Frontier/Pathfinder/Xterra track width. That's what I was told by somebody at Nissan Technical Services. I'm guessing that's what Superturbo64 over at CF did.

·
on line
4,495 Posts
I really need to head over to a dealer with a V8 4wd and just stick my head under there. To bad I'd be mobbed by a salesman...

Hinrik is right, I'm surprised no one here in the states can some up with a solid solution. Hell we have multi-million dollar gear companies here who sell everywhere. Yet the only one with a viable solution is in a relatively small market....

·
on line
2,573 Posts
Eddo

Cornick swapped his C200 with an M226 that he bought from Pony. ( I'm pretty sure it was Pony's )

The only issue he had for the most part was getting the wiring correct for the Locker but it's all working 100%.

He had some helping hands for the guys at Unyx and Nexterra.

DaveP

1 - 16 of 16 Posts