Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
Three posts above this one is a thread with the exact same name, with way more answers: http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=34716

As to someone local, talk to Dan Grooters at Xterraperformance.com - he's based out of SoCal (IIRC) and does some R&D with a local fabricator. No bumpers, but I'm sure they're coming at some point.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
With those flares you'd be lucky to pay $1300 for a custom bumper. My Shrock came to around $1500 and that's not really a "custom" bumper (as in, one off) I'm sure they would work with you on making one wider but you're probably looking at at least 1500. probably closer to 1800.

·
Registered
762 Posts
First things first, you are going to need to TS in order to get that fender to wheelbase width matching. Then you are going to need to just bite the bullet and get a pre-runner style bumper made up to your specs. I personally don't see a custom Shrock or Hefty looking very good that wide.

I had no idea that they made Fiberglass fenders for the X. Get that stance fixed and your rig will look pretty mean.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lets see... Yes they are Hanneman. I got them because I got into a fight with a tree with my truck and figured why not. I will probably be getting a pre runner bumper down the line, but was looking for other suggestions. I would love to TS one day but seeing as how I wasn't really wanting to spend 13 on a bumper... you get the picture.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Calmini makes a resonably priced pre-runner style bumper. I think it is 650 if my memory serves correct. Might do the trick for you.

·
on line
22,508 Posts
For those too lazy to click:

Yeah, you are going to have to go custom to fit a bumper to those Hanneman fenders. That does look pretty odd with a stock width bumper, and even going Shrock, hefty, etc will still be stock width. If you don't want to spend the coin on a custom bumper, you can always sell the Hannemans and get stock fenders.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
They obviously have not spent any time in the desert truck community. Rangers are the mid-size truck of choice for that group of off road enthusiasts. First off they went with the completely wrong style suspension, they should have went with a long travel extended arm kit. And that bumper is horrible. Did they do no research at all on pre-runner bumpers for rangers?

This is a proper ranger build.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
The quickest fix would be take the front bumper off and get some major wheel spacers.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I'm rockin 2in adapters on my X and to be honest i don't think they would reach the edge of that fender. Maybe a T-swap AND a spacer.

Do they make rear flairs? having the front bummed out and not the rear seems weird to me. i could see if it was a tubed out rear, prerunner style. But not an X.

Unless you're going with a long travel lift i would just sell those things.

·
Registered
88 Posts
For those too lazy to click:

Yeah, you are going to have to go custom to fit a bumper to those Hanneman fenders. That does look pretty odd with a stock width bumper, and even going Shrock, hefty, etc will still be stock width. If you don't want to spend the coin on a custom bumper, you can always sell the Hannemans and get stock fenders.
I think a T-swap would still be kinda narrow, arnt the Hannemans +4 wide? But that pic just makes me want to take my rack off even more! As soon as new rubber goes on!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts