Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I plan to order the entire set of Shrockworks skid plates and the rear bumper now, leaving out the front bumper for another project next year. But does it make sense to even install the radiator skid plate now? considering that the front bumper will come with the front skid plate.

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
Depends on how soon you plan on buying the front bumper. If it's gonna be a while, then just get the rad skid, and when you get your bumper, sell the rad skid and get back a little cash money for it.

·
on line
1,695 Posts
Depends on how soon you plan on buying the front bumper. If it's gonna be a while, then just get the rad skid, and when you get your bumper, sell the rad skid and get back a little cash money for it.
Agreed. You should be able to recoup most of your cost. I suppose it depends on your wheeling habits/terrain, too, but if you are buying full skids to begin with, I would assume you've already considered that.

You won't need to remove the front bumper to install the Shrock skid, but it will make life a little easier on you; I've tried it both ways and the 15 minutes spent removing the factory plastic is worth it, in my opinion.

·
Registered
514 Posts
A related question that I didn't feel warranted a new thread of its own: how do you guys with Shrock skids change your oil filter? Do you drop the skid every time?

·
on line
2,615 Posts
I thought I was going to get a front bumper at some point when I bought my set of skids so I didn't get the radiator one. I installed the stock radiator skid under the engine one and it seemed like the engine one helped support the radiator one some. I never had a problem with it until I raced the x
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
262 Posts
A related question that I didn't feel warranted a new thread of its own: how do you guys with Shrock skids change your oil filter? Do you drop the skid every time?
The bracket that holds the bottom of the radiator skid catches any oil that spills from the filter. I just lay an old rag in the valley.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts