Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
on line
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as of last night proud owner of new 2007 xterra s manual black....this is my second post......i want to get a front bumper bar ....i am thinking of picking up the bar from nissan that looks like a upside down u...the one that just covers the middle of the bumper....what do you guys think?? I want to have something to protect me from idiots that cant drive...and the back will be ok thanks to the tow package...that will keep drivers off my bumper.....any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

·
on line
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow i did not know that...i guess i have to explore this forum a little more....and i have to check out the shrockworks website..i keep seeing that name on this forum...they are the main company that makes aftermarket parts for the xterra right?????????

·
on line
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wow i wish i would have seen that website before i purchased the truck...i would have much rather ordered the custom rear bumper with built in tow than the nissan tow package....and its around the same price....damnit!

·
on line
3,050 Posts
take off the bull bar and sell it..there are many people who use there x for other purposes beside offroading.....and take the money and buy a shrock bumper......

·
on line
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no the tow package is what i paid for...and they are installing on friday...i would have to take that off and sell it on ebay and then i could get a rear bumper....i was so close to ordering a front bull bar but i decided not too...i am so glad i didnt order one....i think i am going to wait until people hit my stock bumpers enough times and then when they are in bad condition..instead of fixing them up or ordering new bumpers from nissan i will just upgrade with shrockworks and then i will never have to worry about bumper bumps again...haha

·
on line
3,262 Posts
digitek said:
no the tow package is what i paid for...and they are installing on friday...i would have to take that off and sell it on ebay and then i could get a rear bumper....i was so close to ordering a front bull bar but i decided not too...i am so glad i didnt order one....i think i am going to wait until people hit my stock bumpers enough times and then when they are in bad condition..instead of fixing them up or ordering new bumpers from nissan i will just upgrade with shrockworks and then i will never have to worry about bumper bumps again...haha
Well if its not on your truck ask them for you money back, then go ahead and order one! :cheers:

·
on line
331 Posts
Just noticed you are from NYC. There is a guy on this site max6spd, who has a shrockworks rear bumper for sale. Check it out. Swap meet bumper

·
on line
1,361 Posts
mcampana said:
If your not going to be offroading, go ahead and get any kind of bull bar or brush gaurd you like dude. 1000 bucks for a shrockworks front bumper is alot to spend on something to just look neat.
I agree, unless you have that cash to throw around then by all means.

·
on line
1,792 Posts
Yeah, Shrock stuff is for wheeling. The bumper weighs a lot, and starts you down the road to more mods, like suspension. If, however, you like to drive offroad, then think first about Shrock sliders (rocker protection).

But I looooove my Shrock bumper...

(And Nissan bull bars loose you clearance, and make your vehicle more dangerous in a collision. Lose-lose.)

·
on line
4,919 Posts
I bought a grille guard after purchasing my X and I will agree with everything that these guys say. I didn't plan on offfroading because I didn't want to void my 100k warranty, but, low and behold, the mod bug bit and I go wheeling whenever I can. In the picture below, you can see that the lower bar on my front grille guard is bent. This is what it looks like after about an hour of straightening it out. I had hit a rock that was submerged in a swamp and bent it all out of shape. I also had to replace the supports that go through the grille. Overall, the front guards will lose you about 3" of clearance and seriously reduce your approach angle.

My advice: even if you don't plan on offroading your X, don't get the grille guard or a bull bar.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts