Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
I don't think you are understanding the issue.

The shock valving isn't the issue, the shocks aren't the issue, the lift height isn't the issue.

The issue is either the springs are too high of rate and you were sent the wrong ones or the springs are not designed to work with those shocks and have way too much preload on them which is more likely. It is the springs causing the stiff ride. Shocks have nothing to do with the springs being too stiff an not compressing, that is the springs, shocks only control the secondary motions.
we’re saying the same thing. At this point I’m wondering if I got mislabeled springs, as well as what the stock fender lip distance to ground is with no armor on a stock vehicle, on one with verified correct OME 2607 springs.

Im also wondering if someone with 2607 springs can maybe verify the thickness of them, I might be able to measure mine and see if they’re the same. I would think the HD spring coils are just thicker, so I could verify with a caliper?

basically need to verify these are the wrong springs, and if they’re not, I need something else.

·
Registered
2013 Pro4X, 6MT
1,198 Posts
Exactly. And the issue is made worse by running the perch ring on anything other than the bottom groove. Move it down and the problem will be alleviated but still there. Probably need OME shocks, or OEM springs. I'm running OEM springs with 5100 shocks (clip in 2nd from bottom position) and it's fine. But that minimal lift wouldn't level your truck. Spacer up top might make it acceptable.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts