Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone out there has installed the AC coils with AAL kit that has the front and rear shocks included? i want to do a total shrockworks so that is why i want the coils instead of spacers. i have read the thread about the blown out shock possibly caused by the stock shock and AC coil. i am not sure what route to take with my lift.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
For the money, I would get the RadFlo from coilovers and Alcan rear leaf packs.

I have how ever picked up a used set of the Coilover Biltein's that AC sells. I got a good deal on them and I already have the AC coils, so I figure it's a good stop gap for me until I can get RadFlo coilovers and TC UCA's.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
The AC coils are too strong for any regular shock. I have read it breaking the OEM shock as well as the Bilstein shock.

I second Eddo on the Radflo's but if cost is an issue, get the coilover shocks from AC and GenXHawaii (or something similar) is selling his coils on the swapmeet forum.

That will save you some coin if you choose to go a route other than Radflos.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I have been running the AC coils for about a year and a half and 30K miles with the OEm Bilstein's and have not had one problem and I have wheeled it hard enough to blow both front and rear diffs.

Stock shocks have been blowing out with or without the AC coils, so I don't think the AC coils are really the problem.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
I stand corrected. My bad. All the threads I have read only involved the AC's breaking the shocks in half.

·
on line
1,208 Posts
KillJoy LosAngeles said:
I stand corrected. My bad. All the threads I have read only involved the AC's breaking the shocks in half.
Are you really standing at your computer? that's odd. :) lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts