Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally spent a BUNCH of money on my truck and converted from the power-hungry halogen Daylighters (which I loved) to high-powered LED's.
I had four Daylighters up front and I replaced them with a Whellen light bar and eight 18w CREE LED's. I mounted them in "fanned" spread so I'd have peripheral lighting as well.

The difference in brightness is absolutely stunning.
The LED's don't shine as far ahead as the Daylighters did, but the coverage and brightness can not be overstated. They are amazing.

The best part is that the LED's draw a FRACTION of the power and last forever compared to the halogen bulbs.

I took some photos, but they really don't do these lights justice.
The only issue is the glare off of the hood. We might be painting that thing black or moving the lights somewhere else.

·
on line
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can I see some more pics of that bumper? Looks like it belongs on the front of a train.
LOL, yeah it's something I designed to serve as "function over form." Kind of a Mad Max design that has really done its job.
I got sick and tired of people bashing into the front-end of my truck when they were trying to parallel park when I'm downtown. Unbelievable. The worst was when the lights took a hit. Those things are expensive to repair!

Now they can bash me all they want. I finished it with truck bed liner, too, so it's pretty strong.

It gets a lot of attention when I'm driving around, that's for sure - usually positive, but not always. I don't care - I use my truck as a tool, not a showpiece. :)

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
What size light bar is that?

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
very nice! i love my leds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts