Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So went to Rausch for ECXC, was asked to lead with out ever being there before. Haha.

All good until I turned left and almost went straight into Frog Hole!

Realized how deep it was and tossed in in reverse and after about a minute was able to dig my self out, but not fast enough to bury the pass headlight and get some of that beautiful PA mud in the carpet.

After cleaning out the whole cab and getting the 4 lbs of mud out of my door sill today, it's getting there.

But, here's the problem. After submerging it, I've noticed shifting issues in the AT. It slams hard on downshift and it seems to loose power randomly almost like its in neutral for 5-6 seconds.

I checked the fluid and it looks clean. Everything else is fine with no codes. I think something maybe got wet but not sure what look for.

Truck is 3 months old with 7k

Heading back to RI tomorrow and love to hear any advice.

Thanks again.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Looks like you're doing a good job cleaning.
The ECM is on the passenger side, that controls all the engine and transmission stuff as far as I know. It should be a completely sealed unit tho. Maybe crawl underneath and check all the connectors to the trans and connectors on the ECM.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
24 Posts
i submereged my x about 7 months ago in a lake.... i made it out fairly good but later i noticed some similar problems with mine jerking in first gear sometimes or staying neutral for a couple seconds.... turns out there was a seal that got wet and my radiator leaked into my transmission. idk if this info will help u because i have an 06

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
She's doing good! We trailered her most of the way home, and then I took her the rest of the way. Seems the three days of sitting let the plugs and electrical dry out.

Guess we know what the next project is... Clean, go through every plug and dielectric everything!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Ha you guys were beside us in cabin h11. Does the truck stink bad now ? Ecu got wet is what i can say. Did you make it back to RI ok ?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Rooney, Yeah man you missed the interior tear down on saturday! Removed the seat door pannel and everything. Cleaned the Beans outa the thing. Ended up washing out 2 inches of dried clay out of my door panel, then let the carpet sit in the shower for 10 minutes.

Still need to do a full carpet cleaning, but she's almost back to factory new.

As for the tranny. Romeo was HUGE help taking the truck on his trailer while I followed in his first Gen (miss that first gen feel)

The three days (two at cabin and one on trailer) allowed all the connections to finally dry out and stop the short (where ever it was) I think it was the speed sensors for the AT.

Shes running good no shifiting problems as of now, but the next steps are to crawl under the truck this week and hit ever (and I mean every) connection with dialetric grease and cleaner.

Tim, no worries dude! Fool me once Rausch, fool on you! Frog hole won't get me again when I get back there next year.

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
It may help to hook up a scanner and see if there are any memory codes. Might help you narrow down what got wet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts