Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay this engine code is for a misfire of the engine (the last number represents which cylender is misfireing). Since its a Zero... its a generic warning.

I dont feel like the truck is misfireing, pinging, or having a rough idol....

Any ideas on what could be the problem... anyone else had similar problems?

·
on line
376 Posts
You need either an air/ fuel gauge, or ideally Cipher. That way you could scan the truck and analyze the readouts. If I were supercharged I'd want the peace of mind that it was tuned correctly.

·
on line
735 Posts
boosted engines require more spark energy to light off compressed charges-especially at rpm. You might need to check your spark plug gap- possible re-gap them to a slightly smaller gap to give the spark energy a longer duration. or new plugs..try that inspect a couple. it will get worse later- eventually you will be able to feel it.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Yeah, the SC throws a bunch of wrenches into the problem when it comes to OBDII codes.

I would pull all the plugs and not just re-gap them, but mark which cylinder each came from, line them up and look to see if any one plug is filed more than the others.

Also, I don't know, but does TX use winter blend gas? If so, you might want to try some oct booster.

·
on line
1,574 Posts
i had a similar problem on my turbo talon (dont laugh)
a shop suggested thicker plug wires, it seemed to work. no more codes untail the thing blew up at the strip...

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ordered new plugs (NGK) about a week ago or so, just waiting for them to come in..... And I guess It wouldnt hurt to get new wires also. And yes i know about the gas. Im hopeing that the code wont come back but if it does i will be very scared!!

Videos??? what about videos of your truck mark? Hopefully i will have plenty of stuff by the new years run.

·
on line
22 Posts
This is from my Titan, so not sure if it applies. They did new plugs I think 1 range cooler, they should have done same for you? not sure.
I had crank senor out of possition code due to larger tires, Stillen reflashed and all was good.
Not to worry you...but with the JBA's I had cat failure, the Nissan cats are garbage...at least on the Titans. Just thought you might want to check those as well. I had the MagnaFlows done on mine. In effect if the cat clogs, you double the boost, or have the chance of pulling debrees back to the engine with the shorties, both cases are very bad. You might want to look at having the primaries changed out. Let me know if you need more info...Jer

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
woah, thanks man.... I will definitely have the cats checked and possibly changed.

As for the plugs... I think im still running the factory stuff which is why im getting new ones.

It sounds like stillen did the install for you. Unfortunately I wasnt lucky enough to have them do mine but a really competant shop that only works on nissans did mine for me, so im probably going to be bringing it back to them to get it all sorted out (as soon as I get the time).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts